Help getting the most out of what i have

Username: Travisty_s

Houston, Tx

Post Number: 1
i know i need help connecting the speakers and the dvd/cd player and any advice on maybe getting new speakers would be appreciated.

well now to what i just bought.

i got a used yamaha rx-z1 from someone on craigslist, with it he coupled a polk sound bar and a psw505. what do i need to do as far as what scene to set for just listening to music? and should i invest in better and different speakers?

thanks ahead of time for your responses.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 692
Are you more interested in listening to music or watching movies?

Username: Travisty_s

Houston, Tx

Post Number: 2
well 50/50 really, the only caviat i have is my apartment is rather small now, but i do both at resonable volumes.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 693
The rx-z1 is not a bad receiver. If you're interested in HT I'd get rid of the Polk sound bar and get some half-decent fronts/surrounds/center.

For listening to music the sound bar will probably wholly inadequate.

Username: Preposterous

Post Number: 2
My HT setup consists of Athena F1.X setup (Front, Rear and Center) along with a Bic H100 sub, which works pretty well for my modest room. This is not the greatest setup for music but works especially well for HT applications. If you were more interested in a more musical setup, consider the Canton LE207s in lieu of the Athena WS300.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/CANTLE207SLV/CANTON/LE207-Silv er-3-way-Tower-w/Dual-5-Woofers-Pair/1.html

Good luck with your setup

PS: Get rid of the soundbar :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us