Multiple Video Inputs to Single Video Output

Username: Entertainmase

Post Number: 1
Ideally, I'd like to run various video inputs (HDMI, compondent, etc.) into my receiver, and run one single video output (HDMI) to the plasma.

Is there a way that a receiver can force multiple video input sourcing (HDMI, compondent) to a single video output? If so, what is this called and so I can purchase the proper receiver?

Thanks,
Mase

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9824
Areceiver componant video out should take care of matching the inputs. HDMI would go componant out.

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1236
It depends on what other components you will hook up. If you will be using any devices that output in an analog video signal you need a receiver that has an analog to digital converter. Also, if you want the receiver to be upconverting those analog sources to a HD resolution you will need an upconversion chip as well. You will best off going to a educational website like cnet.com or going to a local retailer to get answers to your questions and ideas on what kinds of products do what you want as well as prices. Most if not all high end receivers have those features.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2745
Mason,

I believe there are AV receivers which can take any video input and output all video via HDMI. At least that's my understanding of the Onkyo TX-SR875 for example. I expect the bigger Denons, Pioneers and Yamahas will do the same.

Some AV receivers will also have the capability to upscale the video output at the same time. This may be a useful feature if the scaler in your display isn't up to much, but if it's a good display you may not need the feature.

I hope this is clear...bit of a brain dump.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us