Homemade bi-wires

Anonymous
I made my own bi-wire with some old Monster XP cable and I must say it sounds pretty damn good.
Has anyone else done this? It seems pretty silly to spend soo much $$$ on these hyped-up cables nowadays. Yep, just call me the frugal audiophile:)

Anonymous
I need to know what wire and plug-ins to buy for hooking up my "Pro-Dynamics" brand speakers. I
got the "White Van" model (4 feet tall) Is there anything off the shelf that will work for these speakers? I understand they work okay and would like to hook them up and try them out.

Hawk
I frankly doubt if you need anything more than standard speaker wire for your "white van" speakers. If you want to step up, you can get some nice 16 gauge wire made by AR at a very reasonable cost. I got some at Best Buy.

G-Man
Save even more money and don't bi-wire. Bi-wiring does absolutely nothing to enhance speaker performance. Only bi-amping can possibly change a speakers performance.

Whether you connect an amp to a speaker with a pair of wires or 2 pairs of wires, the speaker receives the identical amount of power. The same amount of wattage will still reach the woofer, midrange, and tweeter whether bi-wired or single wired. It is a basic law of physics. Only using two amps can change this.

Anonymous
way wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us