Digital optical cable issues...

Username: Chaoutzu

Post Number: 1
Hey guys.. new here but i got a question. I've got a basic surround sound setup, just a samsung ht-q45.. its 5.1 surround and i have it hooked up to my computer and my xbox360 with an optical cable. Now my issue is, occasionally i had a loud constant static noise when i was hooked up to my computer, but when i unplug the cable from my computer and hook it to my 360, no problems. static would go away as soon as i unhooked the cable from the computer. So I thought it was my onboard sound from my motherboard. Ended up having to get a new motherboard, but this one's got no optical, so i purchased a turtle beach sound card with an optical out. Hooked it up, installed drivers, updated.. and i've been good for awhile... But now all of a sudden today, i turn my reciever on, went to play a game, and as soon as the game started its intro movie thing, with music, i got that loud static and you cant hear anything else but it.. Does anyone have any clue as to what this could be?

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 203
that is really weird....

Is it on the same xp install? im just thinking its something to do with xp changing outputs and testing it before changing. it is really weird.

Have you tried digital coax connection? worth a shot to see if you get a different result.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us