Help! USB turntable reccomendations

Username: Glimmer

Post Number: 1
Hi all, I'm trying to buy a USB turntable for my boyfriend's birthday and I'm having a hard time. The more research I do the more confused I get. I'm looking at the low end...under $150..but I can't get a good straight comparison. I am particularly confused about the difference between the Ion ITTUSB and the Ion ITTUSB05 because the prices vary so much. I'd like the best turntable in this price range and would rather spend a little more(in this range) if the quality and options are that much better. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. P. S. I'm not audio savvy so the simple explanation will do!

Username: Dual_teac

Post Number: 2
I already had a good turntable so I got an ARTcessories USB Phono Plus into which you plug your turntable. You then plug the Phono Plus into the USB socket on the computer. It works really well and you can also use it for tape decks, minidisk decks etc. to transfer music to digital computer files. I know this doesn't answer you question directly but if he has a turntable already you might consider this, or picking up a good used turntable to go with it. The Phono Plus is about $92 at Amazon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us