Nad C 325BEE best speakers

Username: Bmm12625

Lisbon, Lisbon Portugal

Post Number: 1
Hi all, first of all congratulations for the forum...
I'm thinking in buying the 325, and would like to know what's in your opinion the best Stand speaker for that nad.
I was thinking in buying the Kef iQ3 (because I don't have mush space for the iQ5).Do you think it's the best choice?
Do you have any better suggestion for the amp?
Another alternative was for me to build my on amp. For that I would need your advice for the best components and scheme.
Thank you for all

Gold Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 1086
-PSB Alpha's.

-Anything bookself by Monitor Audio.

Lisbon, Lisbon Portugal

Post Number: 2
I saw some were that the MA Bounze 2, would be a good choice.
I'm not that familiar whit MA (never heard playing).Is it the best in this segment?
Thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 1088
The Bronze 2 is the best in Bronze series for Bookshelf speakers. You can go up to Silver series, then Gold, then Platinum. lol. Depends on your budget.

I would give the PSB Alpha's and the Infinity's a try as well.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 604
PSB Alpha's are a very good choice.

Lisbon, Lisbon Portugal

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the advise...The isn't any distribuitor of PSB Alpha in Portugal, so I will go for the MA bronze 2.Anless the aren't any other sugestion.
Just for record what is the problem whit the Kef iQ3?
Does the monitor audio bronze 2 have better sound and quality than kef?
Thank you all
Sorry for my English :-)

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 636
Kef iq1/iq3 think they're the same thing relative to the updated naming system-I heard them and they're just too bright for me. I could never live with such speakers.

The monitor audio bronze b2 (br2s) are amazing. I heard them up against the kefs, some b&ws and I'm glad I went for the ma's. They can sound forward if you're other equipment doesnt have much weight, but give a live presentation thats not boring. The detail is spot on and the imaging and soundstage are impressive when set up well. You can equalise them how you want, personally I've done this via software (hardware effects) because cambridge audio tends to be a bit light on bass on mid bass:
+0.5db @ 225hz
-0.75db @ 2700hz(crossover frequency of tweeter). (using copper speaker wire, Chord Carnival Classic, one of the best cables available imo)
+1db @ 120hz
(use 10semitones for the above three equalisations if possible)
3 band eq: leave high gain default. Mid = +2db @ 200hz (1 octave). Low gain = +1.25db @ 60hz.

Slight bass increase on preamp section of amp by 2 or 3db.
There is no need for a subwoofer with my setup, I'm very very pleased with it and music is always satisfying.

This is a rough guide for you if you have the ability to equalise like this and obviously you're room will sound different to mine.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9722
Bruno, your English is excellent.
Listen to as many speakers as you can.
If a dealer will let you bring them home for a day, even better.
Pay close attention to the stands if you plan to use them...very important, and a cost consideration as well.

Lisbon, Lisbon Portugal

Post Number: 4
It's my first participation in a forum, and I' would like to say that I'm impressed whit the help spirit present in here.
Congratulations for it.
In Portugal I don't think You can bring the speakers home and have a try it.
I'm new in stereophonic (I was studding until a few moths ago).So it's very important your opinion on my choice.
I think I will by the Nad 325 and the MA bronze 2.
Any better suggestion don't be chy

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 609
Can't go wrong with Monitor Audio.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1089
Good entry into Hi-Fi Bruno, have fun with it. Enjoy the music. Cheers.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2676
Bruno,

There is no 'Best' in any market segment. There is only 'Different'. Each speaker is designed by an engineer with slightly different philosophies in design, component choice, materials choice and manufacturing ability. Monitor Audio, KEF, Focal JmLab, B&W and others all make good quality items in their respective price brackets. My favourites of that lot are the Focal 705V or 706V which suit the NADs because they are also easy to drive. Focal is a French company which should have representation in Portugal.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us