Hissing noise!!

Johnny
Hi,I am just wondering what is the most effective way to reduce the hissing noise from the speaker('z' noise when turn up the receiver volume)? Is the power conditioner really help? How about changing cable or use seperate amplifier??

Thanks

Derek
If it's hiss, you will need to have a higher quality (lower noise) source. You can also try switching to digital inputs. They usually have a higher signal to noise ratio.

If it's a hum or a buzz, try disconnecting your cable TV. That's usually where hum gets in because the cable companies use their own ground. If that's the case, Radio Shack and wwww.partsexpress.com sell ground-isolation adapters. Also, make sure all of your components are plugged in correctly. Be sure the large lug goes into the large hole. If the power plugs are not polarized, drag your fingernail across the power cord wire. The one with the ridges is the large lug.

Switch from coaxial to optical cables. Optical cables do not carry grounds.

Finally disconnect all of your components (power and signal) and plug them in until you hear the hum. That device is the culprit.

Hope this helps.

Johnny
Thanks Derek, I think I need to have a higher quality source with better S/N ratio. How about using a pre-out from my receiver and buy a seperate amplifier? Do you think it will improve a lot? Can you suggest me some good stereo amplifiers please?

Also, how about to have a better power conditioner (like 'paramax 5500')? Do you think it will reduce the noise significantly?

Thanks

Derek
A better amp will more accurately reproduce the noise. So, that wont help.

A power conditioner might help though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us