Connecting Surround sound to samsung tv

Username: Chrizlol

Post Number: 1
Hey im new here and last summer bought a Samsung LE27S7 HD TV. I have now bought an ebuyer 'extra value' home theatre set (here is the link to the item).

{http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126902,http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126902}

I have a Playstation 3. idealy i wanted to be able to watch tv using my home theatre and play on my playstation 3 with my home theatre. I cant seem to be able get any sound from the Home theatre when plugged into the audio jacks on the TV. Is there something i am missing?

Thanks (in advance) for any help.
Chris.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12093

It doesn't sound like you've got the cables connected in the proper locations. Make certain you're trying to get sound from an output and not an input. Then the best advice at this point is to read the owner's manual once again. There are multiple ways to connect any HT system and advicing on the one correct way is virtually impossible. If you can't find a wiring diagram for your system in the owner's manual that seems appropriate for your desires, try a search engine and something along the lines of "home theater wiring diagram". If you really can't figure this out, most audio shops have services that will come out to your home to finish the install.

Username: Chrizlol

Post Number: 2
ah, thanks a lot.

Username: Joebooa

Post Number: 1
I'm a newbie and not very technical but I need your help. I recently purchased a Samsung 52 hdtv my previous TV was a 36 Proscan that I had 4 ceiling speakers directly jacked into the set. The new TV doesn't have the speaker jacks I don't want to abandon the ceiling speaker can anyone provide me a way to hook them up.

Thanks in advance

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12162

Not with the amount of information you've provided. Do you have a receiver in this system?

You should be able to get assistance from the dealer who sold you the TV.

Post Number: 2
Jan, with the Proscan the speakers were jacked directly to the TV and there was a switch for internal or external speakers. The Samsung has no jacks for the speakers so from your response I gather I will need a receiver that accomidates at least 4 speakers.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12166

Yep. You can use a switch box to extend the number of speaker outputs.

Post Number: 3
Jan, Thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us