B&W VM1 speakers for NAD 762 amp?

coleman
I would appreciate any feedback on pairing B&W VM1 & AS1 speakers with a NAD T762 amp. I'm aiming for a 6.1 speaker set up.

My room is about 12X18 feet. I like the compactness of the speakers and from the reviews the sound is supposed to be good.

I will also be using the speakers for normal CD music listening (mostly dance and rock), so I am looking for good sound quality, as well as a movie surround set up. I will be using a NAD T532 DVD player as the source.

Any feedback would be appreicated. Thanks.

Anonymous
its the coolest set up for the money (VM1s) - at $200 speaker - its all butter

John A.
On the B&W site they look great, and B&Wknow the score, no question. The natural competition for a system like that (all small plus well-integrated subwoofer) is the KEF KHT2005.2 system. According to Hi-Fi News (October) it beats B&W by a whisker. Pdf file:
http://www.kef.com/reviews/pdfs/khthfnp1.pdf

Hawk
coleman:

I have not heard these speakers. My local B+W dealer does not stock them and has no interest in them (I know because I asked as I thought they might solve a problem I have). However, I just read a very positive review and thought I would pass the link on to you:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_print.asp?ID=2706

As I haven't heard them, I cannot comment on how they compare to the KEF sub/sat system recommended by John A., but I do love the KEFs which are very musical and enjoyable to listen to. I recommend them highly.

Good luck!

Anthony
Hawk & others,

I did not like the VM1 at all. In my earlier quest for speakers I've listened to N805 (for fun), 600/601/602/602.5/603 S3, DM303, and VM1. They are great for compact setup & if you want nice shiny modern silver looks, and H/T only.

In stereo mode I found they are decent but there is no depth or soundstage (sorry I don't know what the correct terms are). All the sound seem to come from the same spot.

I didn't find them any better than the DM303, and the B+W 600 S3 beats it by a mile. BTW the other B+W I did not like was the 602.5.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us