New fronts and sub for Marantz 5600

Username: Jeff_mx

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 1
Guys,

With the addition of a new entertainment center, I am forced to change upcurrent system and add samller speakers for front, going from taller Yamaha Floorstanders to Bookshelves. I have reviewed the psb b1, and athena as b2.2. I like the price points but I need help with some recommendations. My current system is used for ht and music 50/50 I'm using My Marantz sr5600. Set up with rears is Infinity Primus 150's and center with Rca 12" 200 watt sub ( which I would also like to scrap. My main concern is that I Dont want to go smaller and miss a lot of the midbass. Please advise

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 2
Oh, and the subs I want to know more about, if anyone has a say, are the HSU vtf-mk3 and SVS pb-12. Any Clear favorite for price? Dont want to pay more if I dont have to. Budget fro speakers- up to $1100.00. System in Room about 320 sq ft.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 504
Can't go wrong with PSB in my opinion. I have a very old pair of PSB Alphas (largish bookshelves) and I will never part with them.

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 3
David,

Do you feel like the mid bass is enough with in movies and music, or do you need a sub do acompany them? What model do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Quinn

Post Number: 168
Look at Ascend Acoustics, SVS' speakers, and AV123s offerings in that price range.

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 4
I have been looking at the Monitor audio B4's, But can't audition them with my Marantz because there is no local vendor. Any suggestions with these floorstanders?

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 509
"Do you feel like the mid bass is enough with in movies..."

Yup, you'd need a sub with Alphas.

For a Monitor Audio dealer in your neck of the woods:

Perform Plus MKT
303-671-8900
cmiller@perplusmktg.com

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 5
David,

Thats why I am looking into the Monitors, I feel that the mid bass is lacking when watching movies. I plan on getting an svs pb12 soon and want to set the crossover lower anyway. Thanks for the number, I will try calling soon.

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 6
I am going to listen to some ma rs6 and br6's tomorrow, will write back with impressions.

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 7
Demo'd the Monitor Auido RS6's and am sold, high end detail was better than I expected, and the imaging was great for a loudspeaker that are only 1k for the pair. Found a deal for the pair at $750.00. I think these are the ones.

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 8
Guess I stayed bigger, hopefully the wife will take it ok?

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 519
750 for the RS6's is a very good price.

They're selling here in Canada for between 1200-1500.

I was looking at these speakers myself recently.

Just out of curiosity, which finish did you get on them? One of my best friends just recently bought a Monitor Audio HT package with the rosewood veneer. Beautiful speakers...

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 9
David,

I got them in Rosenut as well, and Love them. I demo'd them at a local vendor and then found them online at the following site. www.avdepot.net, you can also find them for a similar price on www.sellspeaker.com I believe. Any ways, check it out. "beautiful speakers." Check!!

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 10
OH and thanks for getting the # for ma vendor, I didnt initially call because it was in Denver which is 600 mi. From me. Ended up that they were a 5 state supplier and recommended a local vendor. Thanks for the info again.

Gold Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 1021
Jeff you worked through the dealer's network to locate a dealer who worked with you to give you the opportunity to determine this is what you wanted and would not be wasting your cash on something you could not hear and might not like and then bought them where?

Why?

Bronze Member

Utah, Utah America

Post Number: 13
Michael,

Dont get me wrong, I only wanted the Fronts for now, He tried to upsale me on the full system and other services that he offered. He was a great guy, and I will go back to him when I start building a my new house, but decided to go elsewhere for the 6's. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us