Macintosh MA-6100 with B&W CDM1SE or Dynaudio 42

Bronze Member
Username: Lamcam

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 22
Hello, just bought the Mac MA-6100 on Ebay. I just wonder with speakers will match best to the Mac?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11965

Anything with a reasonably flat impedance curve and a minimal capacitive or inductive component will work exceptionally well with the 6100. You can check the Stereophile reviews for such designs. The "Measurements" section of the review suggests how difficult a speaker will be to drive and indicates graphically how severe the problems of the speaker will be. Check out the PSB's and ignore most of the B&W's.

http://www.stereophile.com/

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 23
The problem is I already have the B&W CDM1SE at home waiting for the Mac to arrive. I am planning to buy the Dyn A42 to test with the Mac. I might need to sell the B&W if they don't match. Not sure. Do you think the Dyn will shine with the Mac?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5855
Wait and try the B&W's...some of them are not difficult to drive. I'm driving 4 ohm B&W's with a 30 yr old 40 watt per channel Sansui with ease...it doesn't even get warm.

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 24
I've already bought the Dyn with 1/2 price of the list. I will compare them at home with the Mac and will re-sell one of them.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11969

Now that's using the ol' noggin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us