I finally figured out why I like Bose headphones...

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 1040
I am currently on my iBook, and that usually means listening to music on one of my headsets. It just dawned on me why I really enjoy the sound of some of the Bose headsets.

Almost all the listening I do on a headset is at low volume. The extra bass presence at low volumes helps to keep the sound full. Of course, the fact that they are exceedingly comfortable does not hurt either. I can wear the TriPort OE (or QuietComforts when need be) seemingly forever before they become uncomfortable.

They are not the most detailed, but the comfort and bass presence makes it easy to enjoy music at lower volumes, without the uncomfortable feeling of other headsets I have tried (including my Stax IEMs).

Yes, I also have the TriPort IE as well, but my fiancee has taken those over for use with her iPod at work.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9546
I am looking at a quietcomfort 2 for airtravel and the ipod.
Comfortable, yes?
The 2 are on-ear just for the smaller size for my shoulderbag.

Gold Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 1041
oh yes, very much so. The 3's are the on ear (the ones I currently have). Used to have the 2's, which are the around ear.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2378
I've tried them in a store, and one of the players on my basketball team has a pair. I'm not a big fan. They sound decentand are comfortable, but they don't do a good enough job keeping sound out IMO.

Have you tried IEMs Nuck? They take a little getting used to, but they block out so much more sound, and are a lot more convenient from a size standpoint.

Using uncompressed music, my Etymotic ER6i and iPod sound very good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us