Receiver w/ AC outlet(s)

Username: Bluemando

Post Number: 1
I'd like some recommendations for a budget receiver or integrated amp that has at least one AC outlet on the back. Incredibly the remote control of my Sony CD player doesn't have an on/off switch, so I'm thinking that the AC outlet would solve the problem, allowing me to plug the CD player into the AC outlet so that I could turn the CD player off by simply shutting down the receiver (or integrated amp) with its remote. Budget = $350 or less.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11957

The outlet will have to be a "switched" type. Most aren't. It would be easier and cheaper to add a power strip with a switch but you'll have to switch it manually.

Post Number: 2
??? If a power strip requires me to turn-off (i.e. switch-off?) the CD manually that would defeat my purpose, no? I'm listening to CD's at night in bed and I want to shut down everything without having to get out of bed :o) Thanks for pointing out that the AC outlet must read "switched." Maybe an integrated amp would be more likely to have that? I'm rather ambivalent about listening to the local FM stations anyway.

Thanks
Johern

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9537
jc, think about 'the clapper'.
Sorry buddy, best I can do right now.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2374
What happens if he's watching late night talk shows and the audience applaudes?

Does the Clapper shut everything off?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9540
What happens if I got 'the clap'?. Does it just come and go?
So many questions, so much time...

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the jokes guys... I needed that! (really, I got a chuckle out of em) For the record, I think I may have found a couple of receivers that might work for me: Marantz SR4328 (80w, x2) and Onkyo TX8522 (100w x2) Both have switched AV in back. Which do you think would give me a nice, warm, lush, and glowing sound at low to moderate volume? - (mainly classical music, but I do get into 70's rock if and when I'm sipp'n scotch). Hmmm... "warm," "lush," "glowing"... yeh, I'm still talking music.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us