4 Speakers Help

Bronze Member
Username: Billru44

Post Number: 17
Hey.

I'm in the process of building a surround sound system. Currently, I have 2 Front speakers, and 2 Rear Speakers are on the way. Will i get anything out of this (will most receivers be able to recognize only 4 speakers)? I have a JVC RX8040B receiver

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11929

Geez, Bill, how many ways are you going to ask the same question? I thought you said you had a center speaker.

Have you read the owner's manual for this receiver?

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 4775
Bill,

http://support.jvc.com/consumer/product.jsp?archive=true&pathId=5&modelId=MODL02 7235

Yes, you should be able to set it up to give four channel output. Two "mains", right and left; then two "surrounds", rear right and rear left.

I don't know the history. Jan and I and others had big and lengthy discussions on another thread about any extra benefit of a center speaker. For now, just set up the receiver so it knows there is no center speaker connected, then it should distribute the center channel to the R and L main speakers. Ditto with the missing sub. Whether a sub woofer helps will depend on your mains, which will also take the low frequencies if you do the audio set-up correctly on the receiver. In the same way, the missing rear center speaker will be well compensated for. There are not so many true 6.1 recordings in the first place

Happy New Year!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us