Help with a new home theater system please...

Username: Captainmichael77

Post Number: 4
I am building a new system and I would like some help. I have a fairly large living room, well the living room is medium size, but it is open into the kitchen so it makes it fairly large. I will have an equal balance of using it for movies, xbox 360, and listening to music(all types, rock, punk, techno, rap, country). I bought the klipsch quintet sl speaker system and the klipsch synergy sub-12 for 799.99. I also purchased the yamaha rx-v661. I am willing to exchange that receiver for something better or maybe more expensive. Some receivers I was looking at yamaha rx-v861, a pioneer elite, onkyo tx sr605, onkyo tx sr705, onkyo tx sr805, denon, harmon kardon, and i am open to any suggestions, under around $900. And Then I wanted to make this a 7.1 system and add two floor speakers or something that will be able to produce some good sound. I was hoping to spend like $250 or so on each speaker. I am not really to sure what speakers to get but I checked out the klipsch f-1, f-2, and f-3's...So I would like to hear some feedback with some more choices...thanks

Username: Captainmichael77

Post Number: 9
also i forgot to say.....if it would work, I wanted to take the two fronts from the quintet sl's i have now, and make them rears.... and then the two floor speakers whether they are f1's, f2's, or any other model.. I would like to make them the fronts...reason I suggested the klipsch floor speakers are because I thought they would go together better....please reply with any input, suggestions, or comments...I would like to hear what models you guys recommend for my speakers and a new receiver...

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2612
I can vouch for the Onkyos - they're good. The value for money Onkyo is the 705 which enjoys the DSP chipsets of the next 3 models up the range and a bit more power than the 605. I haven't heard the new '08 Denons yet, but they should be good. For under $900 you're probably looking at the new 2808, but I'm not sure about that.

As to the speakers, I don't know the Klipsch range but the safest course of action is always to remain within the same brand in order to maintain consistency of design philosophy and sonic timbre.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us