Kenwood VR 6070 Surround Back Speaker(s)

Username: Megawatt

Post Number: 1
Kenwood makes reference to Left and Right Surround Back speakers as part of the supported speaker configuration of the VR 6070, but only has one set of banana plugs. What gives? Any suggestions to make the Left and Right Surround Back speakers a reality?

Username: Neht

Westford, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 9
You need a seperate two-channel amplifier.. Kenwood makes one (MX-500) for $500 Retail which you can mate with the VR-5080, VR-5090, VR-5700 and VR-5090 from the Sovereign Series, although I'm not entirely sure if it works for non-Sovereign Kenwood receivers but it should. Check Kenwood's website and if so, connect it to the Surround Back Pre-outs on the back of your VR-6070 than plug your back surrounds into the amp.

Post Number: 2
I called Kenwood Support today to ask the same question and received the same answer. I politely told the support representative that the manual was misleading and he agreed!

I like the receiver for the money... not alot of bells and whistles, but a solid receiver all the same.

Thanks for your reply, Scot B.

Silver Member
Username: Gdawg

Canada

Post Number: 105
Steve,

You can run two speakers, in parallel. This(with 8 ohm speakers) makes a 16 ohm resistance on the amp, and lets you run "7.1".

The manual, states you can run two surround back speakers, and indeed you can, just the amp only supplys power for a mono surround back speaker.

The easiest way to get around this, is to buy a seperate power amp(example:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39783&item=5702503452&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo)

Hope This Helps!!

G.DawG

Post Number: 3
Thanks, G. DawG.

I am just dumbfounded that Kenwood has a level adjustment for a speaker that it can't connect to. How could you overlook that? I will probably end up with an external power amp. Thanks for the link.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us