Novice with Paradigm-Denon Question

John G
Unregistered guest
I have a Denon 3803 and the CC-470 and I find that when I watch a movie or listen to music in 7 channel the CC sounds muddy, is it a lack of power from the 3803. I have it connected correctly with 12 gauge wire at most the length is 8 feet. I have Isolated the speaker so I hear just that and it is not very clear at all. Could it be that I am still in the reak in period although I have probably watch 50 DVD's with it at least. Thanks for the help
John

Bronze Member
Username: Robertinchico

Post Number: 93
It probably isn't a break in issue. Unless you are driving your DENON into overload, it probably isn't amplifier power. As a test, attach a different driver (speaker) from your system to the SAME CC wire and see if the muddy sound persists. As a second control, attach the suspect CC to a different output and see if the cc is still muddy. YOu can either find if you have a failure mode in the CC, or if the CC frequency range is restricted; some CC's have a very narrow frequency range. Also try different recordings, as music gets encoded in so many different ways these days.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us