Audio switching problem on Pioneer VSX53TX

Username: Ehood

Post Number: 2
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the following problem with the Pioneer VSX53TX:

I have an HD cablebox (Motorola/Comcast) and CD player hooked into the audio digital optical inputs. A DVD player hooked into a coaxial digital input. The cablebox input is associated with the TV input selection.

If I switch from TV to another input, like DVD, no audio is sent out from the receiver if the cablebox is turned off. If I cycle power on the receiver, turn on the cable box, or unplug the cablebox input, the receiver will emit audio again. After that, I can shut-off the cable box with no problems with the audio from the DVD, or other source. Trying to do a signal select (analog, digital, or auto) will not get audio functioning again. Only the above three actions will.

It appears the problem is caused by the optical input of the cable box since switching from DVD, CD, or other source input does not cause this problem.

I do have a service agreement on the unit, but I want to know if this is a defect with just my unit or something that may be common to all VSX53TX units. I.e. I only want to unplug everything once to fix the problem instead of unplugging things multiple times :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Harbolt

Arlington, TX U.S.

Post Number: 61
I don't think this is something that can be fixed as I have seen this issue before. I just think it is a bug with the unit. Solution: leave your cable box on. It doesn't draw too much electricity.

Brent

mmountainbiker
Unregistered guest
no problems here earl
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us