Good speakers for Denon 2803

Username: The84monkey

Post Number: 2
I have a Denon 2803 receiver paired with some not so hot radioshack speakers so I am looking to upgrade. I am wondering what speakers are generally well paired with this receiver. I know that whichever speakers I happen to get they should be 8ohm because the 2803 doesn't power lower resistance speakers well. There is a Circuit City nearby and I know they deal Polk Audio. Can you give me some brands or advice on which speakers to look for? Thank you

Post Number: 3
Oh yeah and if it helps, I primarily listen to music.

Post Number: 4
So it seems by the amount of posts I am putting up and lack of responses, that I am talking entirely to myself, but I am convinced people are in fact reading this. Therefore I will continue. I just hooked up my new 2803 to my speakers, which I mentioned were not so good (Acoustic Responses which were given to me so I can't really complain. I eventually replaced the original 12" woofers with 60 dollar, i believe pioneer brand, replacements from RadioShack because I blew the original ones out, those pieces of junk) and I am already getting complaints. The girls upstairs came down to ask for me to turn it down because their desks were rattling while they were studying. But in all honesty who wouldn't want to listen to hotel california at an incredibly loud volume? Although my speakers sound pretty darn good, I can only imagine what I good brand, like perhaps Polk Audio, would sound like. So hopefully I can get some advice I can start looking for new speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Fletcher

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 12
hi choosing speakers is a very open ended process. perhaps you'd like to start with determining your budget, then the specs that you need to have, for example 8ohms/floorstanding/etc. Then u can narrow down your search from that. Then shortlist a few brands and narrow to a few, and then audition them.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 323
Also, by listing your preferences and budget as F Sherman suggests, it would make it much easier for those in the know to offer some advice here.

Good Luck!

Post Number: 5
Alright, so you want a budget...I guess I would spend around a maximum of 600-800 for the pair. Also, I am pretty sure it would have to be 8 ohm because I have a Denon 2803S receiver, and I heard they don't power 4 ohm speakers well at all. And yes, they have to be floorstanding.

Thanks a lot for the advice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us