Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 14
Only differences I can see is the 762 has:

-Toroidal power transformer
-6 x 100 vs. 6 x 70
-3 component video inputs vs. 2
-RS232 port
-Price: 762 $750 shipped and 753 $899 at my local dealer

The extra video input and the RS232 port are no big deal for me, but the additional power and lower price is very appealing. I also remember reading that the new 7x3's have better fans and cooling, but I'm not sure.

It seems that refurbished NAD's are hit or miss. I would love to hear some feedback from anyone who has purchased the 762 refurbished. Yes, it will be from DMC, and they said they would run it for 6 hours before they sent it to me.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 317
Rob,

I not a NAD owner, but for the $149 difference the new T753 with the extra power and toroidal transformer would be clear winner - providing it's from an authorized dealer.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 318
Sorry - my mistake! A real need for glasses!

The T762 would be my preference but it would depend on the warranty period during which I would thoroughly test all features, formats and speaker/sub connections. Everthing being okay, you'd have an outstanding receiver for a very good price.

Bronze Member
Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 64
I bought the refurb T762 for the same price you quote, and it is very nice. Since I have 4 ohm speakers, I thought that the toroidal power transformer was particularly important. As I have reported elsewhere, I had some difficulties when first plugging in the unit (stayed in standby), since that time it has worked like a charm (knoock on wood).

Username: Nycloungelizard

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 1
Rob, what did you decide to go with?

I am considering exactly the same alternatives - new T753 vs. refurbished T762 from DMC. I have downloaded the pdf manuals of each model from the NAD website and gone through them in detail. The 762 seems to have no disadvantages vs. 753, other than the ones you mention above. The additional power you get from the 762 is a bonus. In terms of warranty, DMC offer 1 year factory warranty and have a reputation of being pretty good at swopping out NAD receivers that have the dreaded "hum" and "hiss" problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 15
I'm still deciding. The 762 offers more, and it was NAD's flagship receiver before the 773 came along. For $699, the price cannot be beat and it seems like a no-brainer. BUT, 1) I realize the value of buying from a local dealer. Especially with these slightly "temperamental" NAD's, and 2) DMC seems to have a lot of refurb 762's, which leads me to beleive there was a major problem with these.

The guy at DMC (I forgot his name) said they are mostly refurbished for software upgrades, and he would run one for 6 hours before sending it out. Sean Roberts from above seems to have had a unit delivered in fine working order. DMC also said if I am not pleased with the 762, he would take it back as an exchange and sell me a 753 for the additional $$.

So, I have not yet decided. I'm buying my speakers (jmLab Chorus 716 S - can't wait!!) from the same dealer who has the 753, but he's only willing to come down $100. He's telling me the 753 is better, but I can't see it. Other than it's better for him because he's selling it.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 211
Well I dont see any problems with buying the T762. If you're not happy with it you can get the 753 instead. The only way the 753 is better is the redesigned cooling (more fans), and I dont think it's that important.

This is what 'Viper' said in another thread about 753 and 763 sound quality differences:

"The T753 is a good base but, the T763 is an impressive powerful reciever. I certainly prefer the added headroom it has brought to my system. I have owned the T753 previously. I've noticed a more detailed sound in all types of media. I definately have no regrets about upgrading."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us