NAD T761 going out? Please help.

Username: Ltotheh

Bellingham, WA

Post Number: 8
I purchased a T761 off ebay back during december and now it is kicking the bucket. It has worked flawlessly till about 1 week ago and now if I play music at normal volume it will sometimes mess up the left channel.

Something that sounds like static filled radio comes to mind. The right channel will still perform perfectly though. If I turn it off for a while then use it again everything will sound normal though.

I am using digital coax from my computer to input to the receiver. And switching coax inputs does not solve the problem.

Any advice on troubleshooting, or maybe what I can do to get this fixed?

Bronze Member
Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 66
One option you might try (depending upon your sound card) is use the analog input on the receiver. I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card and a NAD T762 receiver. I use the three analog outputs on the soundcard into the 6.1 inputs on the receiver. It works great. You need 3 cables that are 1/8" (mini) to dual RCA to cover all five channels plus subwoofer for 5.1 sound. For 6.1 sound, one of the cables needs to be 1/8" (mini) to three RCAs. I am not familiar with the T761 so I do not know if it is 5.1, 6.1 or stereo. If it is stereo, you can just use the analog out on the soundcard to analog input on the receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 84
Luke, you might also want to use a voltage regulator if you suspect your power and also check your speaker wire connections.

Username: Ltotheh

Bellingham, WA

Post Number: 9
So I have determined there is something loose in my receiver. When I give it the technical tap the left channel comes back.

Any suggestions?

Also I have very little experience troubleshooting electronic problems.

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 95
Clean the inside of the unit. It could just be a matter of dust messing up the circuits. It would hurt to do this anyway. Important: Use the correct spray cleaner if you go in that direction. Parts Express sell it.

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 96
Sorry...I meant "It would'nt hurt to do..."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us