Best Reciever for 200 Bucks...

Username: Bobsaget

Post Number: 2
So what is the best reciever for $200? (Im makeing a surround sound 5.1 system)

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Smitty

Canada

Post Number: 81
Steve,

Have a look on ecost.com, you can get a new Onkyo SR501 (6.1) for $230 or a refurb one for $160. A refurb Kenwood VR6070 (7.1) is also going for $196.

Bronze Member
Username: Oknessad

Post Number: 41
Perhaps a good route to try is ask some friends of yours if they are thinking of upgrading and if they'd want to sell their old receiver to you to make some money for their new setup. This way, you will likely end up with equipment out of your price range for a reasonable cost (provided they are nice friends and don't try and rip you off). Or you could always give ebay a shot if you research some models you'd be interested in and none of your friends have the upgrade itch.

Jace

Bronze Member
Username: W9cw

Urbana, IL

Post Number: 38
I would seriously consider a Panasonic SA-HE100. They typically sell for more than $200, but can be had for less at various internet sites. I recently viewed some objective test results for this receiver, and it had very respectible power output levels with all five channels driven. Plus, it has a very good track record in terms of reliability.

Take a look at the feedback on audioreview.com on this unit, it is quite excellent, and most owners are very happy with its performance.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
I agree with smitty, I would go with the Kenwood VR-6070. it has gotten many great reviews and its power rating is very close to its published power rating. kenwood said that it can do 100x6. on the sound and vision review, they test it and a did a 92x6 rating. which is great! i had the chance to get the vr-6070 when i was working at best buy, but did not have enough money so i got the vr-6050. i honestly did not like the 6050 but i knew that i would love the 6070.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us