"Blemished" NAD T752

Username: Mixster

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 1
I am considering purchasing a blemished 752 from DMC Electronics. Does anyone have any guidance to give? Has anyone had dealings with DMC....good or bad? I think I could probably get it for < $450.

Bronze Member
Username: Maroonmike

Post Number: 13
I purchased some "blem" PSB speakers from them and they arived quickly and looked like new. I would buy from them again.

Please be sure the "blem" 752 has the latest firmware.

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 3
MM, they say that it will have the latest firmware.....actually, they say that's the reason that it's blemished. Blemished in the process of updating the firmware.

Which PSB speakers did you get? How do they sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Maroonmike

Dixie, USA

Post Number: 14
Wow, a T752 for $450 is an awesome deal. I have a NAD T742 and love it.

As far as speakers, I have all PSB. I think they are a steal for the price. They work very well with NAD equipment (maybe because they have the same parent company??)

PSB Stratus Bronze - mains - [Great sounding, very clear and detailed]

PSB Image 8C - Center - [Truly amazing. Probably the best center speaker I have heard. They have them on DMC at $189/blems. I should get a second one in case I ever go to a 6.1 setup.]

PSB Alpha Subsonic 5 - Subwoofer - [Well, it is big sub and I keep it at volume 0.5 or the house will shake. If I turn it to volume 10 it would probably kill the neighbor's dogs and rupture all PVC pipes in the area.]

PSB Alpha 2B - rear surrounds - [I like these fine. Since they are on the wall as surrounds, I don't really hear them as much as the mains, but I have no complaints.

Are you looking to make some other upgrades besides a receiver?

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 4
Yes. I am looking to purchase some different mains. I have listened to Paradigm, Monitor Audio and some others but I haven't settled on any yet. I like the sound of the S8's so far. I would like to audition the PSB's but noone near me carries them. Did you happen to compare Monitor Audio and PSB?? DMC said they have a pair of blemished PSB Stratus Silvers for 1200. The guy there told me that they "more dynamic, and have flatter
response
than the Monitor Audio S10". I would sure like to know some opinions from others.

Bronze Member
Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 63
Mickey,
I have had a very good experience with DMC. I bought a refurbished NAD T762 for $699 plus shipping, and I love it. The receiver had some problems when I first plugged it in, but now it works beautifully. The DMC people were very good in communicating with me. The only negative was that I did not get my "zone 2" remote, but they say they have sent that on to me, and I expect I will have it soon.

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 7
Thanks for your feedback, Sean. What kind of problems did you have initially with the receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 65
When I got the receiver, it was stuck in standby (i.e. neither the remote nor front buttons were responding to turn the unit on. I plugged it in and out several times, let it sit for awhile, and when I came back it started working. Two weeks now, no problems (fingers crossed). It sounds beautiful, and it works great.

Bronze Member
Username: Oknessad

Post Number: 40
I purchased at T752 from them in a package including Image 6Ts Image 8C and some Image 1Bs for surrounds. They all arrived in perfect condition (originally they were supposed to all be "blem" models but Dave said he would send all new speakers since I was buying a package). The NAD did not work, I received great support, sent it back and Dave sent out a new one as soon as I gave him the tracking number for the one I was sending back so I didn't have to wait 10 days or more.

Overall it was a great process and I fully enjoy all of my new equipment. Now, hmm... about this rent for the month....

Jace

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 10
Dave seemed like a good guy when I talked to him. Your experience is very encouraging. I will definitely be dealing with him.....I'll let you guys know how it goes.

By the way, how do you like the sound of the 6T's, Jace??

Bronze Member
Username: Oknessad

Post Number: 42
The 6Ts are my first forray into the higher end market. To put things in perspective, my first stereo was a magnavox "all in one" thing and at the time sounded fine to me.

When I was about 15 I bought a yamaha receiver and Klipsch quintet system which was my first home theatre system. I enjoyed it and thought it sounded leaps and bounds better than the magnavox thing.

Anyways, that is just to bring up the point that I am far from experienced in audio gear. However, the 6Ts are very wonderful. I am enjoying them fully. I have run them through all my CDs and am more pleased with music in general now.

One aside is that I spent a considerable time reading up on speaker placement and I feel this has made a world of difference. My Klipsch set was never in prime location and I think the sound suffered because of that. At the time I didn't know any better. Now, I have set up the speakers with much more attention to where they should be placed and have found it most valuable.

Let me know what speakers you decide on and how your experience with DMC goes.

Enjoy the music.

Bronze Member

Lake Tahoe, NV

Post Number: 12
Will do.....thanks Jace.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us