Regarding the NAD T742/T74x and popping

george_k
Unregistered guest
I only have two sources connected to my receiver. The first being an xbox and the second being a toshiba combo dvd+vcr.

The xbox is connected via a toslink cable while the toshiba is connected via analog inputs for vcr and digital coaxial for dvd. For the longest time I thought I had defective toslink inputs on the receiver because everytime I'd play a game or dvd movie on the xbox, I'd get a loud pop as the signal would change to DD/DTS.

I never get a pop when playing DVD movies on the toshiba. Since the toshiba offers both toslink and coaxial outputs I decided to test the toslink inputs of my receiver using the toshiba. The result was no pops, not one.

Could it be that some source component manufacturers skimp out on their units such that it causes a pop?...it doesn't make sense to me.

Has anybody else come across this?

Scarecrow
Unregistered guest
I have noticed the same thing with my T742. It only happens with my Xbox. At first, I thought that it was just the game, but it does it on all of the games I have tried to play. I have a satellite, dvd player, and Xbox hooked up and the Xbox is the only that does it. I have tried everything I can think of and have just had to live with it. I do not know what else to do.

george_k
Unregistered guest
I was fortunate in that my dealer through in the HTR2 remote, if you have this or any other programmable remote you can setup a macro which turns on all the necessary equipment and puts your receiver on mute. Once your game is loaded you can manually un-mute it...the only solution I thought of.....

One more question, what AV pack do you use the official microsoft version or the madcatz version? I'm using the madcatz, I wonder if you are as well as maybe that's what's causing the popping?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us