Novel problem with stuck CDs

Anonymous
Hi. I recently moved, and the person who packed my Technics 5-disc player (SL-PD867, from 1994) put it in the box with two discs in the tray. Not a problem except that he placed it in the box upside down. The CDs, naturally, fell out of their spots in the tray, and are now, apparently, on the floor of the machine. I've tried to unscrew the many screws holding the machine together but haven't been able to get a grip on any of them. Any suggestions for screwdrivers or tools? Any suggestions for what to do? The machine worked perfectly well until this unfortunate mishap! Thanks.

Anonymous

Hello, I recently received a second hand SL-PD867 5 cd player, but haven't the manuals. I checked online but had problems downloading the UK files. Does anyone have a number or address to have one mailed or emailed to me? My email is loveflux@aol.com

cory
Unregistered guest
hi i read the reply to use the paper clips for a stuck cd problem but there is no such hole... have a kenwood chameleon in a bmw and the slot doesnt seem big enough to fit in any useful tools... cd still plays and radio works liek clockwork but if i try to eject theres just no sound...

any new idea would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: John_a

Post Number: 889
I once got a credit-card-style CD out of an Apple Powerbook (it ate it - my fault for not reading the instructions) with a small screwdriver, some toothpicks, and a lot of patience. In most CD players there is an awful lot more room to move around inside; it shouldn't be so hard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us