ROTEL RSP-1098 (7.1 Surround Preamp/Processor)

Anonymous
After almost ten happy years with our SONY 1000ESD Digital Preamp, it has come time to trade it in for a pre-amp which can handle the newer surround formats. I have narrowed it down to the Rotel RSP-1066 or RSP-1098 preamp. Has anyone had any experience with the new RSP-1098? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
I just got the 1098 and it is an excellent choice. It has one feature called "group delay" which many prepros lack and many home theter entusists are just beginning to appreciate. Commonly called "lyp synch" it allows audio delay when video is processed or HD. I found this feature only on Tag McClaren and Lexicon and they cost 3 times the 1098. Also the 1098 gives you up to 500ms delay whereas max with other units is 250ms. Trust me, this is an emerging feature you may need. I have also been impressed with the 5.1 separation and bass control with the 1098. Initial reviews look strone. AJF

Anonymous
I broke down and bought the 1098 myself and am extremely happy with it so far. The design and features are uncommonly well thought out. For example, every AV receiver/processor nowadays has video switching capabilities, but since few people use these to record from multiple sources and nearly every TV/monitor has multiple inputs allowing a better-quality direct connection, this feature is a huge waste of circuitry for most users. The 1098, however, has the very unusual ability to "upconvert" composite and s-video sources to send these signals through the component monitor output. Now I suddenly have a use for those video jacks! I can leave the TV set to a single (component) input, and get a great picture from composite (i.e. cable box), s-video (i.e. VCR), and component (i.e. DVD & HDTV) sources through the 1098. Brilliant. Oh yeah, it sounds fantastic too! Of course, it costs twice what the 1066 does. . . .

Anonymous
Thanks for the information, all the sources I've found give very high praise for the 1098.
Got the OK to make it our next aniversary (next month)gift....Very Cool...Thanks again.

I am looking for a owners manual for my sony 1000esd.Any help would be appreciated

Unregistered guest
Hi - I am looking for Owner's Manual or copy for Sony Pream 1000ESD. Happy to cover all costs.

Cris H
Unregistered guest
I just got one from sony its on there website and it costs nada....
I have a 1000ESD but I send my out puts (audio) to my Yamah DSR-100PRO where I decode my Seround Sound
Im cheep and send my center ch back to the TV (62" Sony) and R&L(front) & R&L(rear) to my Sony Quad Amp
N220 front speekers are Klipch Herisy and the backs are some cheep thing from a pawn shop...
yes I would like to replace it for DTS oh well you cant have evry thing you wish for....

Anonymous

If you're still looking for an Owner's Manual for the Sony 1000ESD, follow the below link and type "TAE1000ESD" in the "Enter Model Number:" field.

http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp?src=sonysupport

Unregistered guest
I was looking for "something" to connect my tv, dvd, xbox to my new amplified home teather. My dvd and my xbox have coaxial and optical outputs each, and my home teather have 6 independant inputs for a 5.1 system (Front (L&R), Surround (L&R), Center and Subwoofer), So I need something in the middle (convert optical or coaxial to a 5.1ch). All the receivers in the market are so expensives. I Just saw in a pawnbrokers store a SONY TAE1000ESD for $100US.. It looks like it's the perfect device to connect all my stuff..
It's good enough to buy it? it supports all the actual technology? somebody can recommend me to buy this or should I invest my money in a brand new expensive receiver?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us