Sound differences...

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2739
I have a problem..

When we're in the car, the harshness and muddiness of the sound gives me a big headache.

All my friends' music devices give me a headache as well when I try to listen to them.

I can't believe they can't hear all that distortion and harshness...

Do you guys have similar experiences?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 893
Yup, Rotel.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 954
Hmmm, could be why I now listen to talk radio almost exclusively in the car now.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2741
Hmm, interesting...

What I need to do is somehow start a trend for large bulky headphones and headphone amplifiers for iPods... but how? Hmm...

Maybe I'll start with a car stereo upgrade fad.. I don't know..

Silver Member

Post Number: 900
Andre, sit in my car, and I bet you would enjoy the music. Then again, I had to fork out money to get there. Stock car audio systems sound horrible, or did, the reason why car audio is dieing is because new vehicles now come stock with higher end car audio equipment. But I know what your saying Andre, most sound horrible.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5784
"the reason why car audio is dieing is because new vehicles now come stock with higher end car audio equipment.'

Not so much as people are tired of buying car stereo's for someone else to steal. I used to have a very high end car stereo, never again. Whatever comes in the car is good enough for me. BTW, mine was never stolen but everyone I knew had several stolen. I just got tired of worrying about it, especially for a stereo which was never gonna play my music over the road noise anyway...I love to roll with the windows down.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2743
Yeah. Getting things stolen is the number one thing I'd worry about.. Stock is good enough for talk radio maybe?

I probably would enjoy the music, Nick. I might question the use of a Sony amplifier, but what do I know? It looks to be from the days their amps were better anyway..

If/When I get a car, I'm not going to settle for the stock system.

Head Unit designed to blend with interior, CDT component set for front stage, ES-06+ drivers for bass

If done right, you would not even know it was upgraded until you turned it on.

Eh...whatever.

I can understand what you're saying.

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
"Nick. I might question the use of a Sony amplifier, but what do I know? It looks to be from the days their amps were better anyway.."

Andre, I bought this unit used from Red Ball Radio. My audio dealer. This amp was made in the 90's and is the ES line. Back in the day Sony made very good car audio amps when they were just first entering into the car audio scene. Their new stuff, like all sony audio equipment, sucks. This amp was recommended over PG and Boston Acoustics at the time. Nothing sony makes now would touch either 2 anymore. Ive never had my car broken into thankfully either. But im not into car audio anymore anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2365
"What I need to do is somehow start a trend for large bulky headphones and headphone amplifiers for iPods... but how? Hmm..."

That trend has been started a long like ago. Check out the Head-fi forum.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2744
"That trend has been started a long like ago. Check out the Head-fi forum."

Yeah, I know. I meant in my school lol..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us