BeoLab 3

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 384
well my dad was thinking of buying himself BeoLab 3's for christmas from B&O. i was wondering if there was better speakers for that price range? and how good are the BeoLab 3? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2352
I haven't heard the Beolab 3, but my overall impression of B&O is that they're designed for looks and marketed to a certain type of person rather than focusing on sound quality.

Their tagret audience seems to be poeple who've got a lot of money and believe B&O is the best because the salesman says so.

But keep in mind I haven't heard the Beolab 3. I'm not saying every single product they produse is over priced, underperforming junk; but just about everything they do make is.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11866

B&O has different products that are really all about different amounts of quality. B&O's goal as a company is to design unique and individualistic products. They do not follow along behind anyone. While much of their cost is tied to their visual style - it's not cheap to make stuff look the way B&O products look - quite a few of their products are really top notch performers. The current series of B&O speakers are considered to be very good with their built in ICE amplification (a B&O proprietary design and highly regarded for its sound quality)and active EQ. The physical design of the enclosures is both visually pleasing and acoustically transparent. In an entire B&O system the speakers perform above average and better than most. They aren't cheap but I suspect your father is aware of that fact.

If your father likes the sound and looks of the B&O's, stop wondering what else he could buy. They will be his speakers and he gets to decide what he likes. B&O products are perfectly acceptable as audio components and their visual appeal makes them unique in the marketplace. If he's content paying what B&O asks for their stuff, whether he likes them for the sound or the looks or both, then let him do as he prefers.

Where's he going to buy them? Starpower?

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 397
yea i think at starpower... or theres a b&o store near us kinda

Bronze Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 59
The B&O ICE power amp modules are getting a LOT of play from others....PS Audio and Bel Canto among a LOT of others. You can get a kilowatt for what ends up as a reasonable amount of money....something that in a class A or A/B design would melt a hole in your floor and put a substantial dent in your electric bill....all at once!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us