Recommendation for amp matching m74

Kerim
Hi there, I found a pair of Mission m74i at a bargain.

Could anyone recommend me the matching integrated amp (not exceeding $400)and a CD player for them.

By the way, my main musical archive are vinyl (I am going to use Phono) and I also would like to connect the DVD player to my amp.

Thank you very much.

Hawk
There is only one company that has redefined the state of the art in integrated amps and that is NAD. Check out the Nad C320BEE, which has been winning awards all over Europe from the many audio magazines that review these products. MSRP is $399, but it can be had for about $325. Rated at 50 wpc, but we all know that an NAD watt is bigger than two watts from anyone else. Incredible power supply and pre-amp section. You will need to get an outboard phono preamp to go with it for your vinyl (I recommend the Sumiko available for about $119--works with both MM and MC cartridges). The C320BEE also had something like seven (7) line inputs, so you will be able to connect everything you want, and probably more.

I did a little research and found a killer combo from DMC Electronics (www.dmc-electronics.com). They are offering the NAD C320BEE together with an NAD 521i CD player for $479! This is a very nice CD player and will sound great, especially through the NAD amp. For your budget, you can't do better than this and I can guarantee you that your Missions will sing (very nice speakers, BTW).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us