Very strange speaker problems

im new here and i was hoping this would be the place that i could get some information. last summer i bought a JBL Soundgear 2020. this evening while using the speakers i heard a sound like something plastic falling onto something wood. since the speakers are on a wood shelf covered with knick knacks i didnt really give the sound a second thought. then i heard it again. i went over to my speakers and there was a burning smell. when i picked them up, it sounded like somthing had broken off inside and was rolling around. when i played some music through them the sound quality was awful, the bass rattled and they just sounded bad overall. i dont understand this! i have listened to these speakers at a much higher volume than i was tonight. if anyone can offer any information on what might have happened and why it happened i would really appreciate it.

Anonymous
I think something broke off internally in your speakers, then it shorted out. I recommend you open up the speaker first and then you inspect if that is the case. Is this is so, and not be repaired, the it's time for some new speakers.

Do some research before you get some speakers. Please do not get Bose, don't get suckered in like I did. I found much better speakers than Bose for way less $$$$$.

i have a 99 civic,all indoor speakers went out i know they are not blown because i hit i bump the other day and they came on for a while.I checked all wires behind deck and speakers, looks good and all the fuses look good.what do u think it is?

OK, I have only dealt with fcal for a short time and I just bought 1 set of 130k polykevlar (front) and one set of 165v2 polyglass (rear).
I am running them with a PPI pcx 480 (also new). I got a burning smell out of the front ones for a while and now it seems to have gone away. I just put the new polyglass ones in the rear today and again i am getting a burning smell. Is this normal for brand new high end components????? please let me know.

Max
Hello,
it might be normal for BRAND new speakers because of the adhesives,etc.. Or your voice coil is burning up!!!
Max
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us