Can this be done for $100??

Bronze Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 84
Just kinda throwing this out there...but for christmas my family is doing a secrete santa deal... with the rules being for the person you pick, you buy them one or multiple gifts that add up to one hundred dollars. I got my older brother this year... and one of the things on his list was a home stereo amplifer for surround sound. Car audio is more my thing, but home stereo stuff... I have nooo clue. Is there anything somewhat decent that I could get him for like $100 or less? If not, he has plenty of other things on his list. Thanks to all who can help me, and an early merry christmas to all!!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9391
andy, a power amplifier or a receiver?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 834
decent? no. But something that will give him surround sound for 100 bucks, yes. Go to a local Best Buy and grab up an entry level Sony or Insignia. With taxes you may have to stretch over the budget a few bucks. A Decent A/V receiver (if this is what your talking about) starts at around 500-700 dollars. Thats Decent. A good A/V receiver usually will run you around 700-1500. And a great A/V receiver from a straight up Audio company, who makes a receiver for two channel listening first, surround sound second, but sounds very musical and powerful at both will run you over 1500 dollars. But for someone whos not really into the hobby, and just wants some surround sound, grab the Sony.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 435
How about a gift card from your local audio/video or big box electronics store? That way if he wants to get something decent he can put that towards it. 100 bucks is really not going to get him anything worthwhile.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 836
Even better idea David.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us