Looking for opinions, comments and suggestions.....

Hello all and thank you in advance for your help. Having been recently introduced to the wonders of home theater, I have jumped head first into the murky waters of audio/video equipment. My budget of $2000 for the entire setup is meager I know, but with four kids I have to put food on the table. Having spent $1500 so far on 53" Panasonic HDTV, Sharp DV-S25U($80 and has DCDi by Faroudja!!), and Monster 2600, I have but $500 left for a/v receiver and speakers(I may sneak in a few more bucks..shhh...don't tell my wife). After considerable research, I have narrowed my choices to the following and am looking for advice, opinions, comments and suggestions(not necessarily in that order):

Receivers:
Pioneer VSX-D912K
H/K AVR 225
Denon AVR-1803

Speakers:
JBL SCS135SI
AR HC6
Fluance AV-HTB(will add sub later)

Looking for best combination of the above to be used primarily for home theater, with rock music being typically played from CD's as other function. Room is about 12' by 15', but opens up in rear to other areas of the house. Floor is tile. Please let me know if any additional info would be helpful.

Thanks!!
Kurt

kvh
Thanks everyone for all your help; my problems were solved by two guys in a minivan!! Imagine that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us