Am I doing it right? for biwiring my speakers

TWN
I biwired my speakers by using both a/b speakers output from my power amp. It is working but I would like to know is it better to just use either a or b output to biwire instead of using both?

Anyone can give me some help? Thanks.

timn8ter
It doesn't really matter. Some people use A and B when the connectors on the amp aren't large enough to handle the thickness of two wires. Other than that, the only downside is the loss of the extra connections for zone 2 speakers.

Derek
SOME and I stress SOME receivers run the "B" set of speaker jacks in series withe the "A" set but even that shouldn't damage anything. There is no advantage to bi-wiring that simply using a thicker cable can't reproduce.

G-Man
Knowing physics and knowing two Electrical Engineers I have read and they both INSIST that bi-wiring has zero advantages over regular wiring. Bi-amping can have some advantages, but in bi-wiring there is no difference in wattage to anything. It is no different than scribbling green magic marker on CD's. Tweaky fantasy.

If you don't believe me look up articles written by the AES, which is the society that is the electrical and acoustical equivalent of the AMA.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us