Cartridge upgrade on Rega P3

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 322
The Questions:

1- On a Rega P3, Mira3 set up, will it be a noticeable improvement to replace my Rega Elys2 with the Dynavector 10x5?

2- Is the replacement job something a pipefitter can do with 24" pipe wrenches and an acetylene torch? A licensed plumber could do with Rigid tools?
I have no idea of set up and balancing and we have no technicians in this 1 horse town.

Background:
When I shopped for the turntable the 10x5 was recommended highly.
That was my 1st intro to the forum and I got excellent help.
You read comments on the forum like- "...10x5 sounds awsome with Rega tonearms..." which I ignored because at that time, I just wanted to get off the ground so I just stuck with the cart that the Rega P3 came with, the Elys2.

Now that I replaced my source reciever and am now Mira 3 powered and sounding much better, it wouldn't hurt to improve the cart.
On the Integrated amp thread: Rega Brio3 vs Mira3, Frank Abela reminded us of the Dynavector.
thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5692
"1- On a Rega P3, Mira3 set up, will it be a noticeable improvement to replace my Rega Elys2 with the Dynavector 10x5?"

Yes.

You would need a 2mm spacer and if you haven't put one on, it's probably best left to a tech. Actual setup is a breeze once you get past the spacer.

Silver Member
Username: Kevincorr

Fairbanks, Alaska Usa

Post Number: 323
I better not mess with it. I will be in Seattle for a few days around new years. Maybe I can get a lesson.
Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us