NAD C272 upgrade

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1740
I just picked our NAD C272 power amp from my dealer who had sent it away to get a small glitch repaired in the variable/fixed input switch before the warranty expires. I ask them also to check if the amp had had the cap upgrade. It hadn't so they did this as well as replacing the power supply and fitted the mod wires to the pcb.

Now I can sell it happy in the knowledge it won't go up in smoke for the new owner. I have always kept it on a well ventillated rack, but the warning is on the NAD website for C375 and C272 owners for those who may stumble upon it. Why they didn't instruct dealers to send notices to customers is a bit beyond me. Anyway, it really may pay to make sure your unit has had the cap ugrade done for your peace of mind.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 793
Good post M.R. Thankfully mine has the new caps. My dealer was telling me a story, that a C272 customer had a first gen cap blow. He sent it back to NAD recently to get it fixed and they replaced the cap with ANOTHER first gen cap. My dealer was so outraged that they did this, he gave the customer a full refund on the C272 towards a new Bryston. So I agree, make sure you get the upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 413
How old is your 272 M.R.?

Both of mine are under a year old. I'm wondering if they have the new caps like Nick's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 798
I did some research, and if you purchased it after Feb of 2006, it should have the new caps.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 414
Awesome. Thanks Nick.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1742
Dave, Nick answered your question, but it still depends on how long your units were at either the distributors or the dealers before they were sold. My distributor told me mine was most likely okay when I enquired about this quite a while ago. I wonder if an email to NAD asking for serial numbers to determine the units prior to the upgrades would help?

My C272 was bought in Dec 2005 btw.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 416
That's a good point, M.R. Thanks for the tip.

Silver Member

Post Number: 800
Yes M.R is right. I said purchased. Shipped would have been a better word.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us