5 Speakers and 3 Subwoofers

Username: Jshabeck

Post Number: 1
I bought a cheap Sanyo 5.1 surround sound system a couple of years ago and the receiver just bit the dust. I have 2 12" pa subwoofers someone gave me and I was wondering if there is a receiver out there that I can hook up all 5 speakers and all 3 subwoofers without having to run multiple speakers or subs into the same port.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 770
I havnt seen one. 3 subwoofers in a 5.1 setup would be a nightmare. In most cases 2 sub woofers is even a nightmare. You will run into phase issues and such. Try it with one sub, two at the most. All 5.1 receivers will have two sub connections.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 877
Two subs works really well in my set-up. I considered three, but two seems to get it done just right for me. It is in my profile.

Silver Member

Post Number: 771
Justin - I should have explained my post. If you are an experienced audio guy like Michael Wodek is, then by all means go with two subs. You have to tune your two subs so they will be in Phase with each other, and your speakes.

Mike - How do you have your two subs set?

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 878
Opposite corners of the room, with on sub feed up inside one wall, across the attic, and down back the other wall. The sub that is front and near the right corner of the room is on dual speaker stands. The su that is back near the left corner of the room is sitting on my bar fridge. I need to tame that one down a tad as it is causing to many things in the room to vibrate. When you play "Snakes On The Plane" you get virtual turbulence not just audio turbulence.

Silver Member

Post Number: 774
lol nice. I get that all too often, with the back closet rattling and some things that are on the wall. Justin, as Mike stated, two subs can be done, and done well. But I still dont know of any receivers that will do 3 subs properly. So at least stick with two.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9301
Hey what happened to the post for the brass pole ballet?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11785

Vice raid.

Silver Member

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 880
LOL.

No really we removed it before the raid.

It was causing harsh reflections which were interfering with my listening experience. Marsh said the pole did not work for her when wrapped with foam.

It's back in the bedroom again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us