Aiwa PX-E860 running slow

Username: Ohaysis

Post Number: 1
I have a barely-used Aiwa PX-E860 record player that I recently just hooked up to my new home theater system (Sony HT-DDW790). I probably haven't used the turntable in a few months. Anyway, when I play a record now, the turntable doesn't spin fast enough to play the record at its normal speed. Any clues as to why this might be? I know this is a low-end turntable, but I've barely used the thing (maybe 15-20 times total) since I've got it, so I can't believe it's a usage issue. Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11778

Sorry to tell you but the speed problem is likely due to the table being a low end design. Cheap stuff breaks. Not trying to be rude but that's a fact.

There could be several reasons the platter doesn't spin at the correct speed but there is no information available on this table so there is no way to begin to diagnose the problem. I don't even know if the table is a belt drive or not. With the amount of use you say the table has seen I don't suspect the problem is caused by anything easily repairable that you could accomplish without tearing the table apart and without the proper tools. I think you might want to call the shop where you made the purchase and ask for their advice. I suspect they'll direct you to a service center.

Username: Ohaysis

Post Number: 2
Yeah, I figured that was probably the case. It is definitely a belt drive as I lifted the slip mat off and could see the belt underneath. It looked in good shape. Thanks for the help, anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us