PC and Sound Setup

Username: Phatzilla

Oregon USA

Post Number: 1
I'm new at this so bare with me please :D First what I am trying to do is find a cost effective way of powering one, preferably two small (8-10 in) subs for use in an enclosure. The issue I'm having is that I want the audio source to be my computer and I'm not sure how I would accomplish the connection between my soundcard and the subs. Speakers are easy, they won't need amped I don't think. But as far as the subs, how would I set this up. I have no equipment yet; I'm starting from scratch and all help is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2677
What exactly is it you are trying to do..? I'm assuming it's build a subwoofer or two and use it with your computer speakers..?

What do you currently have?

Another important part of the project is the budget.

Oregon USA

Post Number: 2
Actually to be perfectly honest it's part of a setup for a stripper pole Lol. It is a small 'stage', probably 5 x 5 with the pole in the center. We want to have the floor house a couple of subs amongst other things. But I want who ever is controlling the music to be able to do so from a laptop, so it needs to be setup to a pc

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 404
And here I thought I had heard everything...

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11213
***Breathes in***

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Oregon USA

Post Number: 3
You asked. haha. So as far as price, I don't have a set range, but cheaper is better so long as it doesn't make for crappy sound quality. What kind of equipment is going to be needed as far as amp and hardware?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9303
I...uhhh...I...hmm...err...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9304
OK, between the sound card and the subs there needs to be an AMPLIFIER.
If your card does all the management, then get a pair of Cerwin Vega speakers and plunk then in there.
Add a big ol' receiver and another pair of CV's for above the stage.

And introduce 'Krystal'.

Oregon USA

Post Number: 4
any specific brands of amp and reciever you recommend that would be cost effective? I don't need anything top-of-the-line, but I don't want it to sound like garbage either :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us