Tehran, Tehran Iran

Post Number: 1
Hi all!I'm a new one!
Sorry for my english!
Can anyone help me with these choices?
NAD 372 (2*150 watt)
Rotel 06 (2*70 watt)
Pioneer 1016 (A/v Receiver 7*180 watt)

At first I decided to get pio to be my multi purpose thing!In the past 2 days I've known NADs and Rotel 06 in my web searches!At last I found a dealer to hear them ,but I only heard NAD 372.
It was good but most of reviews said that it has some lacks in bass!pioneer wasn't so bad.Unfortunatly I didn't test that baby Rotel 06 series!
My speakers will be AAD 660 or Cerwin Vega VE-12F if you don't mind?My budget is about 1500$.
thanks for your helps in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2541
Navid,

I don't really understand what you're asking? Can you clarify please?

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 739
The NAD Lacks in Bass? Wow, I would have to disagree with that. The NAD and Rotel are stand outs out of the three you listed. If you want a good two channel integrated amp, Pioneer Elite has two of them that actually sound really nice, and I would say rival the NAD and Rotel amps. The 1016 will not.

Username: Navidg

Tehran, Tehran Iran

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your opinions.
Frank,at first I want to know which one is better for my musics and then, I heard Rotel is more better than NAD but there's a proplem with wattage of these two.I believe that more power can really improve the sound. Do you think that 2*70watt of Rotel can knock out 2*150watt of NAD?
As I told my speakers will be AAD or Cerwin Vega both in rang of 500$ in my region, so I have 800-1000$ for my amp.Pio is about 600-700$ so I can save a few bucks but it doesn't matter.
Now if I choose NAD, is 372 a good choice or I have to think about another models like 272 or...?

Silver Member

Post Number: 741
I think you should listen to both NAD and Rotel and decide which one you like the best yourself. The NAD/Rotel battle is a close one, both sounding totally different. You should hear both.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2547
Navid

Nick makes a good point. If you can compare the two units at a local dealer, playing into the same speakers, then you can decide which musical presentation you prefer.

Personally, I would discount the Pioneer - I'm not a fan, especially for music. Choosing between the Rotel and NAD is a bit more difficult. The Rotel presentation is robust and clear. The NAD presentation is more fluid and cohesive.

Both are fairly powerful amplifiers, although the NAD is probably the more powerful. Then again, power isn't everything! It's just an indication of how the amp might react to a difficult load. The Cerwin Vegas and AAD's are likely to be easy to drive. In this respect a 50wpc amp should be enough to drive them in an average sized room, let alone the amps you've chosen, so I shouldn't worry too much about power.

Have you chosen the AAD and CV speakers on the basis of fidelity or is it something else? The CVs are particularly noted for their colourations as well as high sensitivity, but they're not particularly renowned for their fidelity.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9256
Frank is being as polite as always.
CV, those in particular that you noted, ND are garage speakers.
Immensely powerful and poor SQ.
The AAD's I do not know myself.

A 50w amp will drive the CV's to abandon.
And you get what you pay for in Stereo.

Bronze Member
Username: Arien

Post Number: 32
AAD by Phil Jones are decent speakers, I've had a chance of listening to some of the C Series being driven by NAD Integrated and liked the combo...still, it will be best if Navid will be able to hear both NAD and Rotel driving the same speakers or better yet his choice of speakers, AAD or CV

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9294
Arien, the only AAD spaekers I heard were in a recording studio. Are they as sensitive as CV, like as a brand?
Is that a big point for the AAD brand?

TehranIran

Post Number: 4
Thanks to every one.
To frank,
Unfortunately there aren't much dealers here.The one I've found has B&W,Bose,Dali and AAD.B&Ws are expensive here.I listened to Bose and AAD.Bose wasn't good for me and I didn't like that.AAD was good and clear but lacks in bass I think.In my last party,I got overload on pioneer A/v receiver three times with my friend's AAD 660 thatI borrowed.
Other dealer had Both AAD and CVs, and some Dalis.
He suggested CVs when I told him that I listen to all kinds of music but mostly house and trance, but I really want clear sound and fidelity.
May be I should try Dali ha?with this budget! I don't know...

TehranIran

Post Number: 5
Look at this one about NAD 372!What do you say?
http://nadelectronics.com/articles/Ventilation-Notice

Silver Member

Post Number: 756
Any NAD372 u buy NEW now will have the second gen caps in it. So you wont have to worry about the notice. The first generation caps would get hot only if the 372/272 did not have proper ventilation at the top of the unit. Alot of people were placing other amps or cd player on top of the units causing them to blow. The first gen caps were garbage, the new ones from what my dealer claims have not had a problem.

TehranIran

Post Number: 8
Nick!how can I recognize that if the cap is first or second gen?

Silver Member

Post Number: 757
you really cant. Ask the dealer if the C372 was delivered into stock after March of 2007. And dont stick anything on top of it. My C272 has first gen caps and I have owned it for over a year with no problems at all. But I have good ventilation for it on a proper audio rack. I wouldn't worry about it. If you prefer the sound of the 372, then buy it. Dont stick anything on top of it, and you wont have any problems. Cheers.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 212
"However, as a sign of goodwill NAD will replace any customer unit that suffers this failure with a brand new unit, free of charge. Again we cannot stress enough the need for free air flow around the unit".

I actually had this happen to me and it was not due to a lack of ventilation. This was before the above policy was implemented. The first time I had the blown cap replaced, then I thought why did I just get one, and requested to have the others replaced. I contacted NAD's head tech guy Bob Maran and he was great about it, not an issue since then.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 213
Hey Nick, I thought I heard somewhere here is was March 06.

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
was it that early? I know it was March, but could have been 06. If thats the case, my C272 would be second gen and that would explain why I havnt had any problems with it.lol.

TehranIran

Post Number: 9
Thanks to All friends.Finally bought NAD C372.
I'm still searching for speakers.what about Magnat?

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1764
Just sold my C272 (and C162), but I had put it in while still under warranty to get a touchy switch fixed and asked them to check if it had the caps upgrade. It didn't so they did the complete job with psb and wiring as well. Had it well ventillated for the past two years without a problem.

Navid, congrats - I'm sure you'll love the NAD. Don't know the Magnats, but it'll go well with B&Ws and Quads from my experience.

Bronze Member
Username: Luxendel

Post Number: 18
Also very good with KEF iQ 7 or 9...

Bronze Member

TehranIran

Post Number: 13
Thanks to M.R and Thorsten.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts