Which is better?

Anonymous
I was planning of getting a Bose home theater system but it's a little pricey. I also look at a high end Sony SA-VE835ED home theater. Which system sounds better? Thx Mike

TDK
Neither!!! Look at other brands like Paradigm, NHT, Polk, Klipsch....ect..

Anonymous
I found great reviews about SA-VE535 & SA-VE835 Sony speakers at audioreview...

Anonymous
Here are the reviews: https://www.ecoustics.com/editorial/reviews/ve535

Anonymous
I don't know if you're still looking at home theatre speakers but I recently bought the SA-VE835EDs and I have to say I am very happy with them. Great definition of sound on these bad boys and the sub is quite powerful. If you want to buy them go to shopping.yahoo.com, look up the model number, and look through the shops to see who offers the best deal, AFTER SHIPPING.

timn8ter
Atlantic Technology makes a HT system worth twice it's price. You owe it to yourself to check it out.

G-Man
In the lower end speaker systems the Japanese have made great strides. But once you get above $1k the online speaker companies like Axiom and Aperion start to really outshine them. Nevermind a number of American, Canadian, and British speaker companies, which also make very good speakers at their price points.

G-Man
The Sony's are very good at their price point. But Axiom and Aperion sell just a pair of bookshelf speakers at what the Sony speaker system costs and they are online companies with no retail mark-up.

It is generally impossible to compare many systems that are a number of times more expensive with those that are under $400 for 5 speakers and a subwoofer. Most, if not all subwoofers that are included in under $500 speaker systems generally don't go very low or very loud and are generally rather mushy in sound.

But I understand we all have to live in our budgets. In the A/V field it is tough to have champagne tastes on a beer budget:-) But I know many people that aren't critical listeners and mostly listen to music as background. And I am sure the Sony system is fine to get a smidgen of the home theatre experience. Just don't go over to someone's house with a $2k and up surround system that is well-balanced. You'll be in tears:-)

My dad (when he was alive) used to go to orchestral and chamber music concerts all the time with my mom, yet at home he just listened to networked ceiling speakers and enjoyed them. Go figure---it is true what Hawk said in another posting subject--The brain often fills in the sound and can even clean it up (if it isn't too bad) on what isn't even there. This is particularly true on music that is familiar---your brain already thinks it knows how it should sound.

Now, my brother and myself are far more critical listeners and have been pathetically spoiled by listening to many concerts and many excellent and expensive systems. And where a clock radio was fine for me when I was 13, now in my 40's I can't imagine REALLY enjoying music unless I am bathed in good sound. Drats:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us