Need advice for a sub

Username: Ziggyping

PA U.S.A

Post Number: 2
I just got some Kenwood system from my Dad's friend and my Bose speakers sound good with it but I want more bass. I would like to spend a minimum of $100. I was thinking of just going to wallmart and buying a car sub and make my own box would that be good? and heres a pic of my Kenwood.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9232
Adam, just pick up the powered sub that is close to you and in your price range.
Leave car stuff in cars.

Username: Ramsmoker

Enumclaw, Wa. USA

Post Number: 2
I disagree, The best sound I ever recieved from my exturnally powered subs is with a automotive crossover. Inexpencive and awesome control. various cross points, ability to shape and boost frequencey levels. Priceless. Bass's, kick and tom's are alive in the room.

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 184
there is really no difference between car subs and home subs, its all in how they are powered and what box they are in.

Given if you take a ported car sub tuned to 35hz its not going to be good in home.

My suggestion is to just go out and get a powered sub, any brand really at that price is going to be about the same.

I am assuming the kenwood system has a sub output that can be connected to a sub. or else you will need an amp with high level input (4 sets of speaker posts on the amp) for a signal.

If you just go buy a car sub and build a box you will need an amp to power it.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9609
And the specs for the driver, the small numbers, q values, etc.

Username: Ramsmoker

Enumclaw, Wa. USA

Post Number: 3
What I dont like about the powered subs is the ability to adj. the unit for yourroom. You get what you get I just put my sub system to work last week. I have half auto and half home gear. The powered ones I have heard hit good but dont define a clear low B from a guitar.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us