Which speaker?

Username: Meridiang57

Post Number: 1
Hi friends..
Last year I boughth "meridian" system G02,G08,G57 for one year i used them my old "wharfedale monitor" speakers but know i m ready to make the the shot for speakers.. i want to use them for long time and because of this make the best choise.. please help.....
"by the way meridians work perfect"

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2251
I don't know Meridian well enough to say what I think goes well with them. Also, what do you have available, how much are you looking to spend?

Meridian makes some speakers. Naturally, they'd synergize and most likely pair up very well.

Post Number: 2
I can go up to 4000-5000usd..
Meridian speakers are all active and they have amp. in...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9234
YE, can you get a pair of powered speakers to try?
Powered speakers sometimes work very well, as the amp/speaker are purely designed to work together, with no comprimises.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2527
YE,

If you really like the Meridian approach here's a couple of options:

1. Strike a deal with your dealer to part exchange your G57 for a pair of M60 or even DSP5000 speakers (which are active Nuck). You might come all in for under $5k.

2. Try to find out what the second hand value of your G57 is in your area. If selling it means that you can get the M60s (or DSP5000s), that might suit you too.

3. Your G57 is quite a powerful beast. Merdian don't say an amplifier can do 2x200W unless they mean it, so you should be able to enjoy your pick of speakers to choose from. The Merdian sound is a clean, incisive sound. I find it a bit clinical for my taste but it is very good at what it does. Your choice will depend on what you're looking for in your new speakers and the eventual sound.

B&Ws tend to be a big expansive sound which is a bit warm. You would be in the market for a pair of 805S or 804s.

Totem make many different sounding speakers. A great allrounder would be the Totem Hawk. For a bigger presentation with very deep bass, look at the Forest.

Dynaudio make excellent speakers in your price range. For a big sound look at the Dynaudio FOCUS 220. You may even find the Dynaudio C1 comes into your price range.

These are just a few of literally hundreds of good speaker manufacturers. You need to try a few, preferably at home, to see which is really your taste.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 3
Ty Frank..
The same feelings about g57.. A± hope i will never change them.. because its so easy and fatigue free listening with that big power. I never feel tired even long time listening.
Without thinking about the money or price range up to 8000 usd than what about proac? i also concern about the aesthetical wiew:-)) and liKe proac style... or bw 803s or 803d thank you so much for your kindness..
Dr. Yavuz Eryavuz

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2531
Yavuz,

All speakers have their champions and their enemies. ProAc make fine speakers, nicely made, well finished. Most ladies quite like the look too, possibly because of the fine veneers. Me personally, I don't much go for proAc since I find their sound to be a bit clinical and dry. But you might really like them. If they are in your area you should listen to them because they are a good manufacturer with good values.

B&W is the biggest speaker manufacturer in the world. I am not a huge fan because I find them to be a bit one-note in the bass and a bit too big in the bass for my taste, but many people tell me I like less bass than them so it's possible that this is my issue not the speakers'! Once again, B&W is highly respected, the 800 series is a big success for them, they are used in professional studios, THX mastering etc. They must be good, if you like what they do. :-) Again, if in your area, you would be well advised to consider them. At least you have the power to handle them (B&W's 800 series is quite a difficult load).

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1092
YE,

If you want to see something beautiful that has pretty good sound in the $4k to $6 USD range, take a look at salksound.com. When I upgrade my stereo speakers, likely within the next year or two, these are the speakers I will buy. If you contact Salk, they will try to line you up with someone in your area so you can hear them. But, these are small volume and unique, you'll either love em or hate. Good luck, Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us