Please help me choose a cdplayer

I'm looking for a CD player with S/PDIF digital outs. Are these common? Also would like it to include other Digital outputs, for if I should at some point up grade my soundcard. I'm not looking to spend a ton of cash, just looking for a CD player that I can plug into my soundcard, because with this new soundcard, my CD-Rom won't play CD's anymore. Any advice would be appreciated.

alan
If your looking for optical s/pdif, go for the Sony CDPXE370. If you want both coax and optical, go for the CDPXB740E.

Derek
You "new sound card" will not play CDs...? Check that you have the analog audio connection from the CD-ROM to the soundcard (or motherboard) connected. Better yet, go into Device Manager, CD-ROMs and check the "Enable digital CD audio..." box and your wont need the analog cable. Check the mixer level for CD, Aux or line-in. It may be set to mute. Last but not least, all CD-ROM drives built in the past 5 years have S/PDIF. Look at the back of the drive next to the analog audio out. It looks like an open jumper point. You may have to make a custom cable but you should have everything you need,
Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us