Please help!!

John
Hi, I'm just deciding whether I should buy a better receiver or a beter DVD player? In audio point of view, how's DVD player can affect the sound?? Now I'm only having a Sony dvp-ns715p DVD player with sony 885 receiver,and I just want to upgrade them to either denon or pioneer DVD and receiver. So can someone give me direction on whether I should go for better receiver or DVD player?

Thanks

mike
John,

Although the Sony DVP-NS715p has some motion artifact problems (pixels being visible during playback), audiowise its a pretty decent player.

If you can only afford to upgrade one component then I would most definetly recommend you get a better receiver. As far as which one to get, quite frankly, I think that anything would be an improvement over the Sony youre using now. However, if you can afford it I would personally go with a Denon over the Pioneers. Unless you are looking at the Elite lineup, the build quality of the Denons alone should tell you that it is a much higher caliber receiver. You cant properly compare apples to oranges.

Listen to them both in a similar environment and Im sure you will agree. The crisp, wide open soundstage the Denon receivers expose is uncomparable to Pioneer, no matter what price level youre looking at.

-mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us