Nad 352+Polk=?

Username: Cerwinhappy

Post Number: 10
Hey there. Recently one of my Cerwin Vega's Woofer decided it was going to die on me and so initiating it's time for an Upgrade. I have an NAD C352 Amplifier and I'm looking at getting some PolkAudio RTi10's. Is this a good idea? Or a bad one? I listen to Rock, Jazz, Metal, Classical, electronica.

My second question. How would I run a subwoofer off of my NAD Amp? I asked a shop keeper how I'm supposed to hook my amp up, and he says 'RCA' cables. But there are no RCA outputs on the back of my amp. And no store around here has even heard of a 'Power Amplifier'. Everyone deals in surround sound now and it makes me sad.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Cancel that second question. I got an answer elsewhere. I'm learning. I'm sorry.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 376
The RTi10s are not a bad set of speakers, but if you're gonna spend that much why not look at some Paradigm Monitors? Better than the Polks, and they have great synergy with NAD.

Bronze Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 76
Christopher, have you heard the Polks ? Will the dealer let you take them home and listen on your system ? If they make music for you your on your way. But there are certainly many options in that price range. As DM mentioned, Paradigm is a very reputable name, and you may find they sound quite different than the Polks.

But as I said, those are but two of many options. What else is available to you ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I didn't think that much would be available to me at that price range. I kind of jumped on the polks because I thought they'd be cheap. I live in Ottawa, Canada so I am available to browse almost anything. The Polks are only $700. But I am willing to go higher than that. And I am looking for loudspeakers still. I do often enjoy cranking it up. I'm going to have to have a look at the Paragigm speakers now. Thank you for the advice so far. I am still open to suggestions about good speakers with good compatability with the NAD.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 206
Since you have a sub why not get some good bookshelfs? I have a NAD c272 running a pair of NHT 3's and the combo is nice. NAD+NHT.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 377
Chris, if you live in Ottawa, you should check out StereoPlus in Orleans. I buy most of my gear there. If you're willing to to go just a tad over 700 you really should look at the Paradigm Monitor line. I think at that price point you could get the Monitor 7's. Don't worry, they go plenty loud! Another option is the Energy line they're carrying at FutureShop now. I'd take those over Polk.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 668
I agree. Paradigm, Energy, PSB, NHT can be all had in the price range of a Polk. I really really dont like Polk. My friend had all polk, until he heard my Paradigm setup and now he owns all Paradigm Monitor series.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Well thank you all for your advice I've decided to go for the Monitor 11's from paradigm. I went and tested them out today and I really liked the way they performed. Also they weren't too expensive. And Mitch I would have gone to orleans but I'm on the west end of ottawa so it was easier just to go to Signature audio. Thank you all so much for the advice the monitor's are very nice and I didn't know about the polk speakers so it's good to get more opinions with people who have experience.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 207
I know you have decided on the paradigms but audio advisor has the NHT 4's (in the classic dark) on sale for $999. Actually everything NHT in that color is about half off. If anyone is in the market for speakers I would give this a look while they last.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 380
Hey Chris,

Never been to Signature, but it looks like a nice place. I'll have to take a trip out to the west end someday. The Monitor 11's are no slouch, I really think you enjoy your purchase. I have the Monitor 7's (v4) and I really like 'em.

Silver Member
Username: Chicomoralessxm

Dutch islesCaribbean

Post Number: 204
Just wondering guys how this Nad352 sounds? The price aint to bad. I can get one from an authorised dealor under $500. My question is how it compares to CA640. I was considering pairing it with the polk lsi9's for a second system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us