Know anything about PSB T65 towers?

Bronze Member
Username: Baldeagle

Post Number: 38
How do PSB T65 ($1100/pair) compare to B&W 684 or Paradigm Monitor 9. I saw these beauties at a friend's house... thought I'd ask you good people.

Regards
Eagle

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
C'mon guys... what? No one has an opinion? :-( These Image T65 towers are 6.5 inch, 4-drivers, 3 front ports, 94 dB sensitivity. http://www.psbspeakers.com/products/Image-Series/Image-T65-Tower

In the 20 min I spent with it, the T65 sounded really nice... nice enough for me to think that I should compare it to the B&W 684 and Paradigm Monitor 9.... So, before I lose my mind and start auditioning yet another set of speakers I thought I'd ask.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1637
B.E.

First you'd be lucky to find someone who has auditioned all three of the above speakers. Even if you got some opinions, they would be subjective to their ears, musical tastes, other associated components and rooms. Auditoning for yourself is the only way to go - better still if you can do it with your own components and in your own listening area. My 2 cents worth.

Username: Snapcat

Post Number: 3
Nope.

But, I wish I had listened to PSB before purchasing B&W.

I still plan on listening to the PSB's.

I have a suspicion that the PSB's are a bit more friendly in the 'gotta have lots of current and high damping factor or you get boomy bass' arena, but I haven't heard them yet so I might be full of it.

Listen for yourself if you can hold the fever at bay a little longer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
M.R.: When you're right, you're right... I know, I know. It's just that it's human nature to ask as many people as possible before forking out a decent chunk of change. You know... 1st time buyer of such gear...

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 42
Snapcat, Thanks... the nominal impedence is stated at 6 ohm and minimal is 4 ohm. So yes, it will want more power.

So, what B&W system do you have?

Username: Snapcat

Post Number: 4
603 floor standers.

You need to figure out that synergy thing first before writing the check, or you'll be writing another one.

It's not just impedance. But I'm not the one to say what IT is. You are.

If you spend some time searching old threads, you'll see a common theme. Find the right synergy; don't throw the pearls before the swine. Get a good cdp first if you want emphasis on music.

Figure out what you like by listening to lots of stuff, save up and get the combination you've heard that does it for you.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 43
Thanks snapcat... sorry... what is cdp?

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 102
I'll take this one fellas.....

cdp = cd player.

Bronze Member