Pioneer 45tx

dante
can someone please tell me whether 45tx sounds hard or soft? I'm so confused, coz different people told me different answers! Please help?
Is it good for infinity speakers?
Thank you.

Hawk
Dante:

The Pioneer Elite line of receivers, including the 45tx, has a very warm, mellow sound--I guess that would qualify as "soft" in your lexicon. Understand that the engineers at Pioneer Elite have long announced their goal to bring a "tube" sound to solid state electronics.

I don't know anything about the current line-up of Infinity speakers, but I would think they should do well together. The key is to hear the combo yourself before you are committed.

Enjoy!

elitefan
Dante:
Hawk is right. As an owner of the 45tx I can confirm that it is a warm,mellow receiver with smooth vocals and lots of multichannel power.It is very user friendly. You need a sturdy place to put it though as it weighs 41 lbs and is rather large. All of the recent reviews I've seen of Infinity's newer speakers have been very positive. As Hawk says try to hear them together or make sure of your stores return policy.[and bring your own music etc. to the store with you]
Good luck and let us know what you deside.

G.DawG
Hey Elitefan,
I am interested in looking at the Pioneer Elite vsx-43tx(despite my other horrible Elite) I have brighter speakers, so im good with that already but I have been trying to find a picture of the back panel for a few days now, do you know where I can find one or a picture of the remote?

elitefan
G.DawG,
I was never able to find back panel pictures of any Elite models. The Pioneer website can give you the features of their models but no picture of the remote for the 43tx. I have had the 43 at home and the remote is ok but not as good as the 45tx remote. The 43tx does not have a phono input if thats important to you.[it was to me]. Both are mellow sounding which should go ok with your speakers.

G.DawG
I was wondering, because I hated my last elite the optical input was for cd and the coaxial was for dvd so my dvd player was hooked up under cd and my cd ander dvd, well I didnt hate it it just really pi$$ed me off.Anyways how many optical inputs were there?Is it a learning remote?

elitefan
G.DawG,
On the 45tx the default setting for dvd is coaxial. Doesn't your dvd have both coax and optical outputs? Why use a cd player at all? There are 2 coaxial and 2 optical inputs on back and 1 optical on front. The remote is a learning remote.

G.DawG
My dvd player is a Playstation 2. My cd player is a Technics 100+1 disc. So I dont use my ps2 as a cd player because it is only one disc. Thanks for the help, its just that my local stores dont carry ELITE and I cant seem to find any photos of the back panel online wonder why not?

elitefan
G.DawG,
I know that is frustrating. The digital inputs are assignable to whatever source you want. Sounds like you would have to buy an Elite form a wholesaler so if you do know that you won,t get the 2year Elite warranty probably. I,ve seen the 45tx for under $700 on various sights. One bad thing about those places is they usually have very high restock charges. Good luck.

G.DawG!
I am going to buy my 43tx on ebay for 549.99 I love that feature.so I can set the opticals to anything I want, COOL!Well Ill tell you guys how it is when I get it!

Dante
Hi elitefan,

What kind of speaker cables you are using? I'm just thinking whether I should change my current speaker cable(12g standard monster cable without biwire). Is it worth to change?

Thanks

Anonymous
G.DawG,
Here is the pix of 43tx' back panel
http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036305341&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting.

Anonymous
G.DawG,
Here is the pix of 43tx's back panel
http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036305341&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting.

Anonymous
upsss...posted twice..:)

G.DawG!!!!!!!!
I am falling In love with this thing!!!!!... And I havent even got it yet!!!!!!!!!!!its gonna be a slow and boring week...

G.DawG
I am selling my motorcycle so I can afford this thing... I cant beleive it but ITS EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL IN REAL LIFE!Thanks anon!

elitefan
Dante,
It sounds like you are using better cable than me now. I've been using Monster standard cable for several years and I'm not sure if it is 12 or 14 gauge. I would stick with what you are using.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us