B&W 602 S3 v. CM1

Username: Nymont

Post Number: 2
I wanted to throw out a question to you regarding the speaker choice of the BW 602 S3 vs. the CM1 line. My equipment icludes a marantz 5001, B&W ASW610 subwoofer and the ccm series for rear speakers as well as a M1 for a cnter channel. Is the $360.00 upgrade worth it for the cm1 speakers?

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 618
I didnt think much to the cm1s.

Keep the 602s, if they're anything like the 686s which I envy then you'll be downgrading with the CM1s in my opinion.

The CM1s woofer is small.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2451
Your weakest point by far in that setup is the M1 centre speaker. Don't bother changing anything else until that is sorted out first. You have a choice of speakers from B&W. B&Ws are all voiced similarly, although if you plan on going with a particular range (e.g CM), then you should get the appropriate centre for that range.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Nymont

Post Number: 3
Unfortunately the M1 is a concession to my wife who wanted no part of the large LCR60 center channel that I had initially bought.

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2455
Unforunate is the correct term...

Perhaps she'd accept the B&W XTC centre? It's bigger but sexy in the mould of the M1.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Dscrobe

Reading, PA USA

Post Number: 66
Sean, what did you decide on?

Gold Member

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2470
Sean, incidentally, another option you might consider which the wife may like would be an M&K LCR36. I use one of these as my centre and it works well, if not as well as I'd like. It'll be LOADS better than your M1 either way and it's arguably prettier...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us