The Rythmik Audio DS-15 Rubik's Cube Subwoofer

Username: Xphile11984

Boston, MA

Post Number: 1
Thought you guys may be interested in this:

http://projectcube2007.blogspot.com

It's a Rythmik Audio DS-15, sealed, with an AS370 12dB/Octave Amplifier.

I was absolutely blown away by the sound quality - of course being a Rythmik you build it yourself - Took almost 3 months, but it was totally worth it...

Oh and rather build than build the standard black Box i turned it into a Rubik's Cube:

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8918
I like it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8919
In the corner of a black and white decor listening room.

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1076
Awesome!

Boston, MA

Post Number: 2
Thanks Guys!

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 351
Wow, that is freakin' amazing. Good work!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8939
Zach, your idea and implementation?!?

Dynamite!

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2179
I could never get all the colors right on a Rubik's Cube when I was a kid. I always thought it was a conspiracy until now.

On a more serious note, last year or two years ago was the 25th anniversary of the Rubik's cube. I'm getting old.

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 353
Thanks for that Stu.

Now I feel old now too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8944
Some kid from Taiwan did it blindfolded after one good look 5 times in a row
When I feel like the biggest nerd in the world, some kid from Taiwan lifts my spirits.

Let's see the punk spin THIS thing around!
Zach your photos and presentation are first rate.
So, like, how does it sound?

PS, I peeled off the stickers and pasted them back on to solve it.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2181
I did too, only they usually ripped.

Zach,

We've got a System Pics thread in the Speakers section. Could you post some pics of the sub and rest of the system over there? The guys would love it.

Boston, MA

Post Number: 3
Nuck, Yep i get to take full credit for this one, it was pretty funny to see the opinions change from the family and girlfriend when it was being built to when it was completed. I think they like it more than i do now, but while building, it was a CONSTANT fight, haha. I'm just happy i got it into place and don't have to move it anymore!

Stu Pitt Thanks Stu! will do!

As for me i must confess when i was little i ripped off the stickers too. I bought a new one for photo purposes shortly after completion, jumbled it only very slight then tried to solve it ...2 hours later i found a web site that allowed you to put in your coordinates and gave you the method - oof!

The next step here is to build a working Rubik's Cube sub that weighs in around ~150, the challenge will be to work it while blasting death metal, bwahaha!

Boston, MA

Post Number: 4
Nuck, OH and the bass is genuinely great - Admittedly, I figured it would be solid, but was trying not to get my hopes up, I was actually quite seriously impressed. It's a great driver and an even better amp. As i said in the blog, i played around with the cross, but where my speakers tend to roll off this thing kicked in with unexpected clarity. I had listened to Velodynes on my system before (just for testing) and i was planning on getting one for the home theatre, but they taught me to never stick one with a stereo - it covered up my low end on the fronts and didn't perform under them as i had wished. This sub has/is slowly converting me to using it with my stereo, i've actually gone through and listened to some of my favorite music and been re-wowed.}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us