Opinion on Marantz SR5002 vs Onkyo TX-SR805

Username: Baldeagle

Post Number: 1
Hi... I am new to this audiophile world :-) so I'd like your help in deciding what receiver I should buy.

Speakers: I am evaluating B&W 684 vs Paradigm Monitor 9

AV Receiver: I can get a Marantz SR5002 listed at $800 or an Onkyo TX-SR805 for $1000. Now, while people swear by the Marantz, I've had a Paradigm dealer swear by the Onkyo 805. The Onkyo comes standard with "for-the-future" features like Dolby TrueHD, dtsHD, THX Ultra2, etc. The Marantz 5002 does not have TrueHD etc; but the Marantz 7002 does (but is also priced significantly higher at $1500 list).

The Marantz also boasts "discrete amplification" for all 7 channels. The Onkyo does not specify this... but says something like "All Discrete Circuitry". This is so confusing!!

Now, do I go in for Onkyo or the Marantz? Your input is much appreciated for this novice.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 562
With Paradigm or B&W, IMO I would go for something else. To my ears Ealge, I like the Marantz sound better than the Onkyo stuff. But to each their own. But to my ears, I dont care for the sound of either. If it HAS to be one of those, I would choose the 1500 dollar Marantz. If 1000 dollars is your budget but you can look elsewhere, look at perhaps H/K. Cheers.

Post Number: 3
Nick, Thanks for the response... No, I am not married to either of the two. All I had to go by were the 2 dealers (B&W, Paradigm) and what they were touting. Also, my $1000 - $1200 budget :-(. So, sure, I will look at H/K... by H/K you mean Harmon Kardon or something else?
Regards, Eagle

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8903
I am a little surprised that the B&W dealer didn't suggest/carry Rotel, actually.

Post Number: 4
OK, so I checked out the Harman Kardon AVR series. Specifically AVR 347 priced at $800 and AVR 445 at $1100.

Something is confusing... Is the AVR 347 55W per channel or 95W per c? Also, according to their website, the AVR 445 (higher priced model) is only 65W per channel. Can you explain please?

AVR 347:
385W: 55 watts x 7 (All channels operating at full-rated power), THD <0.07%, 20Hz - 20kHz into 8 ohms
665W: 95 watts x 7, THD <0.07%, @1kHz into 8ohms

AVR 445:
7 x 65W 7.1-Channel A/V Receiver With HDMI Switching (All channels operating at full-rated power)

Post Number: 5
Actually the B&W guy did initially ask me to look at Rotel 1067... but at $2200, my budget was shot. And the lower priced Rotel 1057 is only a 5.1 system at $1300. So, here I am, between a rock and a hard place. Moreover, for the price I am paying, shouldn't I be getting support for Dolby TrueHD, dtsHD, THX-Ultra2, etc?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5438
It's bells and whistles or better sound, your choice.

If movies are your priority then yes you may want to opt for a decent sounding receiver that supports the most recent formats. If you're primary interest is in music perhaps you may want to consider how far your budget will go for a 2.1 channel system, or 5.1 for a good taste of it all.

Post Number: 6
That's exactly where I am... more movies than music, but music is still important. So here is what I am doing. Buying the better speakers more so for music than movies. But stepping a little down on the receiver. Hence, I had Marantz and Onkyo on my list :-(

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5441
What else is the B&W guy carrying besides Rotel?

Post Number: 7
The B&W guy carries Marantz, Denon, and I think Mcintosh. The Paradigm guy carries McIntosh, Denon and Onkyo. For Onkyo, only the SR805.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5442
Since I'm sure you (and I) aren't looking at the Mac's, I would try to hear the B&W's with the Marantz. I think that the new B&W 600 series runs circles around the Paradigm Monitor series and if you get big enough Marantz receiver it should have no trouble driving them. If I remember right the Marantz has a better warranty than the other AVR's, and with AVR's that's a tangible bonus.

Silver Member

Post Number: 564
kinda wierd, that both go from Denon up to McIntosh, but nothing in between.lol. Its like a car dealership selling K-Car's and Porshe's in the same lot. haha.

I talked to a dealer lastnight, and he said for the money the Onkyo stuff is really becoming good again like it was back in the day. Bald Eagle, have you listened to any of the setup's? Which one did you like the best yourself?

Username: Micky_pitt_pitt

Concrete, WA. U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
I heard the samething that Nick did. That Onkyo was getting better. I see that Bald was talking about the TX-SR805. I saw a consumer report about the Onkyo TX-SR605. It seems to have everything that you are looking for in a receiver and at your price. some of it's spec's are:Dolby Digital (5.1)|Dolby Digital EX (6.1)|Dolby Pro-Logic|Dolby Pro-Logic II|Dolby Pro-Logic IIx|Dolby Pro-Logic Surround|Dolby TrueHD|DTS (5.1)|DTS Neo:6|DTS-ES (6.1)|DTS-HD Master Audio|Stereo (No Surround). At 90 watts a channel.
With a price from 398.99-999.95. Does anyone know about this amp compared to the TX-SR805}

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5444
Nick, I've heard the same about Onkyo...don't know if there is any truth to it. Never hurts to audition.

Post Number: 8
Art: yes, I plan on doing this tomorrow. Avio in Brighton MI has both Paradigms, B&Ws and they have Rotels, Marantz as well. The thing though, was that the dealer said that I was OK to compare the Monitor 7 to B&W 684!!
And yes, on warranty... the Marantz is 3 yrs while the H/K AVRs are 2yr.

Nick: To be honest with you, this is the first time I am actually beginning to "discover" sounds I never heard before! Seems like I was in 1905 until now. LOL
Everything sounds brilliant. So... it is taking me a little while (maybe more than a little while) to discern between "very good" and "excellent". Hence, I come to you experts to help me :-)

Post Number: 9
Art, yeah, in auditioning, the Onkyo might come out likeable... but the B&W dealer (who does not carry Onkyo) said that he does not like the Onkyo because of its bad reliability. Now, reliability is something that does not show in the audition.
One more thing.. the Paradigm dealer told me that he loves the SR805... something about only the SR805 being made in Japan. So, the SR605, SR705 are not made in Japan? Quality / reliability suspect?

Post Number: 10
Michael, the 90w per channel is somewhat confusing. The FTC has mandated how manufacturers measure stereo output (20Hz - 20KHz). But they did not do that for a surround sound system. So what manufacturers do is they give you the output at 1kHz. So, if you actually measure it between 20Hz and 20kHz, the actual output will come down significantly.

For example, checkout what the AVR347 has stated:
AVR 347:
385W: 55 watts x 7 (All channels operating at full-rated power), THD <0.07%, 20Hz - 20kHz into 8 ohms
665W: 95 watts x 7, THD <0.07%, @1kHz into 8ohms

So, when possible, you need to look at the wattage per channel for the 20Hz-20kHz range.

Regards
Eagle

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5445
"Now, reliability is something that does not show in the audition."

"Quality / reliability suspect?"

Reliability is suspect on all AVR's....

That's why I suggested the Marantz. I believe it's the only one with a three year warranty.

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
Eagle- Right on man, its a fun hobby indeed. IMO in the new Paradigm V5 Line, the Star of the that series now is the Paradigm Monitor 9's, quit a turn around from the V4's. Never heard that series of B&W, just the big dogs.

Art/Mike- I was playing Gears of War on Xbox live last night with the owner of Audiomotion in Oshawa/Whitby area, and he is a dealer of Onkyo/Integra, Bryston, Sunfire, and the list goes on. He was saying that he has been a dealer of Onkyo/Integra now for 12 years and in the late 90's he said Onkyo changed Manufacturing plants and their products took a s*&it. He claims now they are back on track and better than ever, with amazing price to performance ratio. He said that for big home theater jobs that he got to a point where he never recommended Onkyo to anybody other than the really budgeted customers. He told me last night that now he recommends it to almost everyone. He is a Big fan of their stuff. He said anytime he will ship me down a Integra to take for a test drive. I may take him up on that to see what I hear compared to the NAD. Cheers guys.

Username: Micky_pitt_pitt

Concrete, WA. U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Being new here and really not knowing a lot about the workings of everything involved with getting the best performence out of my Surround Sound System, I want to thank all of you that know more than I do for you great advice. I hope to be listening to the sound of Movies and Music at a lot better quality since finding this site. Thanks Mick

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Nick, Art: Some pointers for tomorrow please. I've been reading evaluations of speakers and frankly, it sounds like someone is talking about wines!

[QUOTE from a Monitor 7 review by Andrew Marshall of Audio Ideas Guide]
Voices were quite accurate in timbre, while choral music had good articulation and blend. Piano was clean and solid in the bottom, while orchestral music had good body and sheen...
[END QUOTE]

Now, one could very well say that he were talking about wines... if only there were a Dummy's guide to understanding the anomalies of reproduced sound... :-)

So, experts, do you have any quick pointers?

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1208
use music that you have heard live and compare what you hear to the experience of the live performance. in orchestral can you accurately pinpoint where instruments are coming from? do you notice if instruments seems layered or jumbled? do vocals seem accurate? does it feel like the performers are right there? do you get the same goosebumps from the live experience? those are just a few things that are normally apparent during an audition of equipment. you may not be able to articulate what you hear in terms of the comparison to your live experiences but as long as you can notice differences and like what you hear, go for that setup. the jargon is only to let one person explain to others their subjective experience.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1209
one more thing, make sure you are listening to a recording you are familiar with. i have noticed only recently how much a difference different studios, artists/conductors can make on the quality of a recording. this is most apparent with classical music.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks so much Christopher. I found a recording by called "The Ultimate Demonstration Disc" by Chesjy Records. This, is a phenomenal tool to learn to appreciate music and also very useful for auditioning audio equipment. The disc can be purchased for $16 at http://www.chesky.com/core/details.cfm?productcode=UD095&category=1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
sp... Chesky Records.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1210
glad to be of assistance

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1211
if you are not in a rush to get your equipment i personally would tell the dealers that this is a purchase but also a learning experience. listen to the CD especially tracks you like on the various equipment combinations then come back here and see if we can help you articulate what you heard. like i said before, the jargon is for the articulation. it has nothing to do with the experience. one final thing, dont get caught up in the pursuit for the perfect system. you will lose sight of the goal of a system, enjoyment. i will be the first to tell you i want more, better. but every once in a while i just sit down and listen to music for a couple hours. i hope that you do come back here and ask more questions. ignore the bickering between a few of the members here. most of us here are reasonable kind hearted people. good luck by the way!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thanks Christopher.. very much appreciate all your efforts to help.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5450
Have you listened to anything yet?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Yes. I listed to Monitor 7 and B&W 684 for a couple of hours. The tests could not be done for Monitor 9. The floor model had gotten sold. Did not get to test A/V Receivers either.

Anyway, right now, I am running errands. Will post on findings later tonight. Regards, Eagle

Gold Member

Post Number: 8935
Humming the tune from 'jeopardy'.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5456
Apparently later than I'll be up......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I am sorry guys... network problems last night (user error - tel line disconnected by vacuum cleaner :-().

Before I start, please undertstand that this is a guy who did not know the difference between a B&W and a Bose until 2 weeks ago. So take this analysis; understanding that this is from a novice. Anyway, here are my findings:

Overall:
To get the same dB levels between the 684 and Monitor 7, we had to cut the Monitor 7 volume knob down a few notches. I can understand this because the Monitor 7 has a higher sensitivity (94 dB) than the 684 (90 dB).

What I heard:
Bocelli's Con Te Partiro - almost purely vocal.

My analysis:
Both speakers performed equally. To my novice ears, at the same vol level, I cound not discern the difference between the Monitor 7 and the B&W 684.

What I heard:
Yanni Live at Acropolis - Santorini.
Duran Duran - Come Undone

My (inexperienced) analysis:
The Monitor 7 seemed to accentuate/highlight a certain frequency range (mid-level) than the 684. I believe that this is because the Paradigm folks, who got beaten up about their Monitor series 4 (earlier design) did a whole lot of rework in series 5 and apparently finessed their mid-range much more.

You see, I believe this has something to do with the sound stage being created as well. Other instruments in Santorini that should have been behind or left, right, did not appear as much separated. It was as if all of them very close to each other. I felt I could hear all the instruments relatively clearly.

You might say that I find more clarity in the Monitor 7. Maybe? Now with the 684, I felt the other instruments were a little subdued. As I listened to the B&W more, I could actually map the sound stage. Some instruments behind the piano, some to the left, etc.

Now in "Come Undone", the drums were louder (??) than the B&W 684.

So... that is why I believe that the B&W 684 has a more defined sound stage than the Monitor 7. However, the mid-range clarity of the Monitor 7 seems clearer than the 684.

The store manager interpreted my analysis as "the Monitor 7 is more bright than the 684".

What I heard:
Dire Straits - On every street
Dire Straits - when it comes to you

My analysis:
The guitar was more real in the B&W 684 than the Monitor 7. The Monitor 7, heard by itself was fantastic on the guitar; but switching between the two speakers rapidly during the same song, made me believe that the guitar was a little pitchy in the Monitor 7 than the B&W 684.

Now, I don't know the original sound of that guitar. If the pitch was indeed higher, then the Monitor 7 is more real, isn't it? Anyway, to MY ears, it felt more real with the B&W.

Next, reverberation... a sense of the concert hall, you know?... more of a feeling I was in the same place where Mark Knopfler was singing... may have something to do with the sound stage being created... more with the B&W than the Monitor 7.

What I heard:
High resolution test: Rebecca Pigeon - Spanish Harlem
Midrange Purity test: Livingston Taylor - Grandma's Hands
Naturalness test: Ana Caram - Correnteza
Focus test: Vivaldi - Flute concerto in D
Dynamic test: Chesky - solo drum test

My analysis according to the instructor on the CD:

High resolution - both scored equally
Mid-range purity - Monitor 7 better
Naturalness - B&W 684 better
Focus - B&W 684 better
Dynamic - close to call - Monitor 7 better maybe

What I heard:
The store manager brought out something I had never heard. A blues recording by Muddy Waters. I *think* the album was called Folk Songs. This was the last test before I left.

My anaysis:
Again, switching between the speakers during the same song, in the Monitor 7, I felt that Muddy Waters was singing with hands cupped around his mouth. On the B&W 684, it did not feel like that.
So, did my vocal analysis of the earlier tests falter? I would never know.

Attractiveness:
B&W 684 looks nicer hands down. The Monitor 7 looks skinny; maybe it was because I was looking at a 5 1/2 inch black speaker versus the 6 1/2 inch red cherry B&W.

SUMMARY:
At the end of the day, I should have compared the Monitor 9 ($950 per pair) to the B&W 684 ($1000 per pair). Both have 6 1/2 inch drivers, and priced about the same. I did not have that luxury so I had to test the Monitor 7 against the B&W 684. The Monitor 7 costs $679 per pair and is a 5 1/2 inch driver setup.

I honestly feel that the Monitor 7 stood up to the B&W 684 very very well. To the untrained ear, the difference would be hardly perceptible.

So... EXPERTS... based on this analysis, what do you think? Did I just confuse myself and everyone? Or was this a decent effort?

Regards
Eagle

Gold Member

Post Number: 8938
Eagle, thank you for posting such a solid review.
What was the source and equipment upstream?

I certainly think you should go back and try the 9's as soon as they are available and broken in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thanks Nuck... the A/V equipment was something that was used for the entire store... some really high end system that connected stuff throughout the store. I did not ask the details. I will however, post the details after talking to these guys on Monday.

About the 9's - The store manager was actually of the opinion that I would not find that significant a difference between the 7's and the 9's (my untrained ear). He seemed to believe that the 9's would have a little more bass. But then, since I would be buying a home theatre setup, a good sub would take care of the lower frequencies. This guy believed that I should buy either the Monitor 7 or the 684... depending on what sounded better to me. He believed that me comparing Monitor 7 to the 684 was completely OK.

On my side, I don't know how long I can wait for a broken-in Monitor 9 to come in. I have nothing at home right now and need to buy :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
Eagle- the guy u were talking to is correct in terms he was talking about the V4's. I have heard now, many times, the new line of the V5's. The paradigm Monitor 9's, sound like twice the speaker of the 7's now. This is that you ARE listening to the new Paradigm Version 5's. The 9's just dont add more bass, but a whole warmth and clarity at the top end that the 7's dont have. Trust me, my dealer carries Paradigm, has for 15 years now. And ive also did a demo of them on some Denon stuff at Lindens, and both guys I talk to are very very smart guys, and they both say 9's all the way in the new line of Paradigm. AND to my ears, the 9's were the better speaker in every way. Never go by what a sales guy tells u, he wants you to buy what they have, obviously if the 9's are out of stock, then they have sold more 9's. Tell him you are very interested in buying the 9's, and they will order them in. A paradigm dealer should be able to get them in withing a couple days. Give them a listen, if you dont like them as much, go the 7's, but I think your going to be very surprised bud.Cheers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Thanks Nick... yeah, I hope I can do what you'r esuggesting. I will tell these guys that I want to bring in a couple of 9's home to do some testing at home. One B&W dealer I dealt with earlier would not let me take the speakers home. This new dealer... I don't know. I have to ask.

And yes, I tested the V5 series of the Monitor 7s. They did not have any V4 even if I wanted to see. The dealer told me that he was selling the 7s more so than the 9s. At least here in MI.

There is another Paradigm dealer who was trying to sell me the Monitor 11s. It seems that everyone is trying to sell what they currenly have on the floor.

From a cost stand-point, here is what I can see...

B&W combination - $ 2450:
Front - 684, Center - HTM62, Surrounds - 686, Sub woofer - ASW610.

Paradigm combination - $ 2940:
Front - Monitor 9, Center - CC390, Surround - ADP390, Sub woofer - PS1000

Of course, these guys give discounts, but even so, after a certain point, the cost creep gets to you, doesn't it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
It does indeed. The Paradigm Monitor 9 combo will rock though.lol to me its worth the extra cash. And if you getting most of it at the same time, they should be able to cut off a few hundred for u. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8945
I would be awfully tempted to cut the sub and check out a Hsu unit meself.
So long as it doesn't bust the dealers balls, or your deal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 599
Yeah the PS-1000 is defenetly the weak point in the setup. Or even an outlaw audio one, they are designed and manufactured by HSU I do believe.

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5467
Yep those are some bad subs, especially that Paradigm. Save some dough and improve performance with a Hsu VTF-2.

The B&W speakers and a Hsu sub sounds sublime.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
So... I'm really interested to know... what systems do ya'll have? Also, anyone tried a velodyne sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8948
BE, click on a users name for personal info.

I have a Velo DPS12 sub and don't care for it much.Not very musical, I find.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Nuck, much obliged!! Something I learned today!

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5469
Click on my profile BE. That's where there is place for systems.

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
Bald- Paradigm have some decent subs, but not until you get up into price range that is Half of what your total system cost is looking to be. HSU make god subs from top to bottom of their lineup. Great Value. I had a Velodyne before the Ultracube, the Ultracube completely blows it out of the water. But then again, it was a Big Box brand Velodyne. Their higher end stuff is good.

Username: Littlej72

MD

Post Number: 6
What is the difference between the marantz 5001 and the 5002? thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Holy moly Art! Are you describing your A/V store or your home? Very, very nice!

Nick, yeah... I think I know that I have to go in for a Hsu.

Justin: Go search the web, dude... For example, http://us.marantz.com/Products/2207.asp for info on the 5002. And go to http://www.accessories4less.com/cgi-bin/item/MARSR5001A for info on the 5001.

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
Bald- Art has like 6 systems going.lol. All of which would be a blast to play around with. You should see his Music/Movie collection. INSANE!! lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Yeah I did see that! In the archives... where you guys were sharing pictures. That is nuts! Wow... Art must be a movie/music critic in his spare time... So, Art, what exactly is a "Family Resource Manager"?

Bronze Member
Username: Jedi1

Post Number: 31
i will go for Marantz for sure. like you mention b4 Bald Eagle the B&W guys carried Marantz amps..

go for Marantz. i have Marantz SR7500, 10 months old. almost 1 year ok... no problem, sound very clear...

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2495
BE,

Con Te Partiro is off the Romanza album which didn't have particularly good sound quality sadly - nice songs though.

I'm saddened to see in your analysis very little about the emotional experience. This rings warning bells to me, since it indicates you weren't affected particularly by what you heard.

I would not recommend the ASW610 sub. My experience with B&W subs has not been favourable. I am partial to the Velodyne SPL series and DD series subs. I think they work very well (unlike others here).

If you must know it, my system is also in my profile - nowhere near the unit count of Art's of course...

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 54
Hi Frank,

You're right. I know... I know.. I guess you did not read my reply to your post from the "Speakers" area. I am quoting here from my post on Oct 15:

[QUOTE]

Frank,

Thank you for your detailed analysis of my demo experience. Your points are well taken.

The problem I had was simply one of complete inexperience. 3 weeks ago, I couldn't tell the difference between a regular AIWA boombox and these high end systems. Indeed, I used to be one of those people who would argue with others about what a scam this whole audiophile business was...

Insofar as to my available options were concerned; the best way for me to figure out which speaker was better, was by testing them via this monotonous, phenomenally dry method. You're right, everyone (including the store manager) told me to pick the speaker that I enjoyed the most. To this novice, something as superficial as the look of the B&W speakers (yellow/black, kevlar, etc) produces a bias against the Paradigm!!

Unfortunately, I have not come to that stage (of maturity) as yet. Hence, I intend to get the speakers home to test for a few hours. Whichever speaker I enjoy more, I will buy that one. I just hope these guys allow me to take the speakers home. I met a B&W dealer who would not let anyone take speakers home for a test drive.

Again, thanks for your comments. I'm sure I've taken in at least 25% of what you've said!

Regards
BE

[END QUOTE]

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5580
Sorry I didn't answer your question BE, just saw it today. A Family Resource Manager helps families access resources for food, medical assitance, child care assistance, cash assistance, job referrals and on and on. We determine eligibility for 25 or so government programs as well as refer folks to private "not for profits" when we are unable to help. We also assist victims of domestic violence and child abuse flee from dangerous households and obtain new digs and sometimes more, new identities and the like. And that's just some of what we do. Poorly paid government officials and civil servants.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 56
Not a problem Art. Wow, that is indeed very noble. I, on the other hand, am one of those very hypocritical people who says somethig like "yes, we must do community service, volunteer time, etc", but don't do a darn thing. Maybe someday I will wake up....

Regardless, thanks for doing what you do. It's people like you that make a difference.

Regards
BE

Gold Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5581
Thanks BE, I appreciate that more than you know. Something we rarely hear.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 59
You're welcome Art. This is the least I must do.

NUCK: You mentioned...
"Eagle, a couple of Outlaw 2200 mono amps are like 500$ or so. Plus cables and a space for them."

Help me understand. The reason I was going in for a composite AV Receiver instead of separates was to reduce complexity and $ impact.

So, I started looking at the Marantz 5001 for basic stuff like 7.1 support, HDMI (2in/1out). I am also looking at Pioneer Elite (VSX81TSV) - the dealer has a demo for $750.

But since you mention these Outlaws, I am interested.... So, if I have 5 speakers, sub, Plasma, VCR, DVD player, CD player, how would I hook everythig up? The monos are for the 683 fronts only, right?

Thanks!
Regards
Eagle

Bronze Member
Username: Funkmeister

Post Number: 18
I have not personally heard either, but have read countless reviews on both. The 805 is generally considered a best buy in its field of competitors at that price point.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us